DHPP Charge

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
A few months ago, we upgraded from a 501 DVR to the 622, picked up the HD programming and switched to the DVR advantage plan. Since then, our bills have been all over the map, with credits, charges, etc... Though I probably should have caught this sooner, now that our monthly Dish bill has "settled down", I noticed that we've been charged $5.99/mo for DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP). I seem to recall reading in other threads that the DVR Advantage plan was supposed to include the DHPP for the 1st 12 or 18 months. The charge has been showing up since we upgraded, but I've yet to see any form of credit on our bill, just the HD Bonus credit adjustment from the rebate ($10/mo).

Is it my imagination, or should I not be paying for DHPP? I certainly didn't request it.

Any insight would be appreciated before I call Dish over this.

thanks!

A few months ago, we upgraded from a 501 DVR to the 622, picked up the HD programming and switched to the DVR advantage plan. Since then, our bills have been all over the map, with credits, charges, etc... Though I probably should have caught this sooner, now that our monthly Dish bill has "settled down", I noticed that we've been charged $5.99/mo for DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP). I seem to recall reading in other threads that the DVR Advantage plan was supposed to include the DHPP for the 1st 12 or 18 months. The charge has been showing up since we upgraded, but I've yet to see any form of credit on our bill, just the HD Bonus credit adjustment from the rebate ($10/mo).

Is it my imagination, or should I not be paying for DHPP? I certainly didn't request it.

Any insight would be appreciated before I call Dish over this.

thanks!
1-800-333-3474 they have access to your bill and can issue credits if necessary, call them.:):):)

the dvr advantage does not give you the free dhpp. the dhpp is only free if you took a dha18(dish home advanatage 18 month commit). it sounds like you took a dha with not commit. the dish dvr advantage is just a promotion for the programming where they combine the 100 with dvr service and locals for 39.99, 200 with locals and dvr service fee for 49.99 and 250 for 59.99. it saves you 98 cents on the t100 and 3.98 on the t200 and t250. see if ur under commit, and if you are, then you need to request those credits. if not, then you cna request for your service to be put under an 18 month commit and get the credits or just stay month to month.

Grrr... the CS rep I contacted via chat said that DHPP isn't free. Is that because I was an existing customer who changed the DVR Advantage plan?

How long have you been a customer? The only program I am aware of where DHPP is free is for new customers. That program is for the first 18 months. If you were a new customer, your 18 months might have expired, and unless you cancel DHPP, they will start charging for that.

That just changed a couple of weeks ago. But you are rigth. As of about the 15th of August, any new customers only have 12 months of DHPP. Previous to that however, it was 18 months.

12 month free DHPP with 18 month commitment. I have to remember that. I wonder how many long term Dish customers would say, "Gee, I am so glad I have DHPP". I really want to know if anyone can tell me if I should keep that DHPP after 12 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)