Diablo III

digiblur said:
No thanks. The iPad isn't 16:9 either right? Plus no keyboard or right clicking.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

Yep. Worse than a console version.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

So I tried the multiplayer. Pretty cool. Joined in and then a felt a bit of deja vu. I went backwards about an hour! Arghh... So I tried to go back to regular one player play and it put me in the same place. Oh well...guess I get to redo somethings. At least I know where it is at and can blow through it.

So I tried the multiplayer. Pretty cool. Joined in and then a felt a bit of deja vu. I went backwards about an hour! Arghh... So I tried to go back to regular one player play and it put me in the same place. Oh well...guess I get to redo somethings. At least I know where it is at and can blow through it.

Yeah, look at the game as a series of quests. When you join a multiplayer game you are synced with the progress of that current quest. If you have checkpoints cleared further and resume later, click change quest and you'll be able to resume from that point.

This is also how you farm content at any time. If you want to kill the skeleton king again, you select his quest, click public games or play, and go at it. If you want to just resume the story then you select the last quest/checkpoint you've completed and you're good.

Biggest caveat is the world and dungeons are random, and are redone whenever you leave the game/return to the menus. Quitting halfway between checkpoints means you may need to clear a big area again. Not that you won't get loot or experience again, just something to keep in mind if you hadn't noticed already.

Whenever I don't have time to play long, I pick a quest and hit public game, play for 2-30 minutes and log. The flexibility is great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

About computer specs; They say SLI and Cross-fire do not work with this game. My son is running a pair of ATI Radeon HD 2600XT cards that are rated a "no go" by the game and will not work by themselves, but when Cross-fire enabled they work fine. I'm very happy not to have to fork out for new video card right now :)

Blizzard Dev discuss at Blizzconn what went wrong with Diablo 3.

I put this video in the background and listened to it while I worked. Some of it was pretty interesting. Since the PS4 version came out it has been my go to game when I have some time to kill. I go back to it while I'm waiting for Gamefly to send my next game or I will just do a quest or 2 to wind down after playing other games.

My one complaint is the difficulty level. They completely changed the loot system when they brought this game to console. They patched the PC version to match it when they took the real money auction house out of the game. They bumped up the loot drops to the point where my level 48 wizard always has level appropriate legendary items in just about every slot.

I don't believe that they touched the difficulty when they started handing out great items like candy though. I've played everything except for the first half of ACT 1 on expert and haven't died once in the entire game so far. In fact, I never even come close to dying. My character has about 50 health potions and never has to use them, even against the big bosses.

This isn't because I have a lot of skill in this game. It's because my character is equipped with several items that give me 450 life every time I hit an enemy, 500 life per second, or 600 life every time I kill an enemy. Those numbers aren't exact but it's somewhere in that area. My health regenerates so fast that it's rare for bosses to even be able to take off 1/4 of my life bar. Not only that but my attack numbers are just as overpowered.

There are a ton of difficulty options in this game that go well above expert. Unfortunately, expert is as high as the game will let me go in my first playthrough. Things will get better after I beat the game and continue to play but I've put quite a few hours already. I'm not a glutton for punishment but it takes a little fun out of the game when nothing in it can even pose a threat to your character. Maybe things will change as I get into Act 4 and 5 but I have a feeling that my gear will just continue to out-level all the enemies.

Yeah, difficulty levels are just tiers, and probably shouldn't have the names they do. The goal ultimately is to get to the torments as soon as possible. There's nothing hard about hard or expert about expert for the most part unless you intentionally undergear. What level are you? Thought master opens up at 60+. And at 70 you can do any difficulty you want anyways.

Loot now is fantastic, better than entire inventories of awful legendaries. That can still happen, but loot 2.0 is the best thing that's happened to the game.

On PC last night I just finally got my last character, a Demon Hunter, to 70. Power leveled in a few days from 23 over maybe 3 hours of palyed time. Dinged 70 in a torment 5 rift where I got the last 3 levels in 10 minutes or so, lol.

Preference in order is WD, Crusader, Barb, Monk, DH. DH could easily jump to 2 or 3 with some gear. Always felt so weak, is why i never bothered to level him higher than 23 or so.

Yeah, difficulty levels are just tiers, and probably shouldn't have the names they do. The goal ultimately is to get to the torments as soon as possible. There's nothing hard about hard or expert about expert for the most part unless you intentionally undergear. What level are you? Thought master opens up at 60+. And at 70 you can do any difficulty you want anyways.

Loot now is fantastic, better than entire inventories of awful legendaries. That can still happen, but loot 2.0 is the best thing that's happened to the game.

On PC last night I just finally got my last character, a Demon Hunter, to 70. Power leveled in a few days from 23 over maybe 3 hours of palyed time. Dinged 70 in a torment 5 rift where I got the last 3 levels in 10 minutes or so, lol.

Preference in order is WD, Crusader, Barb, Monk, DH. DH could easily jump to 2 or 3 with some gear. Always felt so weak, is why i never bothered to level him higher than 23 or so.

I think I'm right around level 50 right now. Once Master opens up I will definitely be bumping up. I'm playing as a wizard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)