Diagnostic Error Codes Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.
49, 50, 51 – SWiM registration related errors.
Overview:
  • 49 – Unable to register primary tuner.
  • 50 – Unable to register secondary tuner. (Associated with 771B OSD).
  • 51 – Receiver is configured for SWiM but cannot detect SWiM. (Associated with 771A OSD).

Troubleshooting:
These are all related to SWiM registration processes. The SWiM 2.3 MHz control channel is shared by all boxes on the SWiM network. If the channel is not present or not present and the receiver is configured for a SWiM network, code 51 will be displayed. If the receiver has been working on a SWiM network and there is a loss of the control channel, the 771A OSD will display. If the receiver is properly communicating on the control channel but the SWiM indicates no channels are available for registration, code 49 is displayed. The SWiM is fully over subscribed. If only one channel is available and the receiver is a DVR, error 50 is displayed.

For code 51, look for a faulty SWiM, power inserter, power inserter on a switched electrical outlet or
anything inline that will not pass or attenuates the 2.3 MHz control channel. These can often be
non-DIRECTV approved splitters added by the customer or long cable runs. These issues can often be intermittent. An accidently attached b-band converter can also result in a loss of SWiM communications.

For codes 49 and 50, it is simply an oversubscribed issue. Each DVR takes 2 channels and non-DVR takes a single channel. The only workaround other than expanding the SWiM system is for code 50 which is to put the receiver in single tuner mode via guided setup. This will normally require an IV waiver.

Code 70 - Cannot Detect Home Network
Overview:
Your receiver is configured to work with a home network but the network was not detected. Please check the network cabling and equipment. Select "Test Again" to see if this has solved the issue. Communication problem between receiver and home network or router.​
Code 71 – Cannot Detect Internet.
Overview:
Your receiver detects the presence of a home network, however it can not access the Internet. If your network does have a broadband connection present, this may be due to the receiver not obtaining a DNS entry during DHCP negotiation with your home network.​
Troubleshooting:
Terms:
Home network = Customers router or ISP modem.
DNS = Domain Name System. It translates domain names into an IP address that can be used by the DIRECTV receiver or computer.
DHCP = Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. It gets parameters needed to operate in an IP network.
Restore Network Defaults. It doesn't restore entire receiver settings - only resets the network settings for Internet communication:
After receiver resets to network defaults: Select "Connect Now."
Select "Test Connection" to make sure your receiver can connect to your network and the Internet.

Code 75– External Storage Error Detected.
Overview:
A problem was detected reading your external storage device. Please unplug or remove your external storage device, reboot your receiver and rerun the test​
Troubleshooting:
This test is equivalent to the tests performed for error 14/15 when using internal storage. The customer may wish to reboot the external storage device and when up and running, reboot the receiver. If the external device still does not function it should be replaced. The receiver will revert to it’s internal storage once rebooted without the external device connected. Replacing receivers does not resolve this issue; it’s normally due to a failed external drive.​
Codes 72, 73, 76 - Cannot Detect Phone Dial Tone
Overview:
Your receiver is not connected to a phone line.​
  • 72 - The receiver is connected to the Internet but no dial tone is detected.
  • 73 – The receiver was previously configured for a network but the Internet and the dial tone is not
  • 76 – The receiver is not networked and no dial tone is detected.

Troubleshooting:
This is a basic dial tone test. Check for a poor phone line connector and that the phone line is
plugged into the correct jack. Test the phone line on a spare non-powered phone. Access the hidden menu using the menu and right arrow and run the modem test. Note that if a 72 is displayed
this should only impact caller ID since PPV details are reported through the Internet.​

This goes with his other thread "Guided Set Up " question.

Not sure why he has a second thread going, must not like the answers he got. :confused:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/230534-guided-setup-question-2.html

Or why none of his posts are never longer than one line....

If the receiver won't boot up normally, even after:

*unplugging for a minute, then replugging,

-or-

*using the red button to reset,

is there really anything the user can do to bring the receiver back to life? At this point, the receiver probably needs to be replaced, and/or the customer needs to schedule a service call to check out the rest of the system...

Or why none of his posts are never longer than one line....

If the receiver won't boot up normally, even after:

*unplugging for a minute, then replugging,

-or-

*using the red button to reset,

is there really anything the user can do to bring the receiver back to life? At this point, the receiver probably needs to be replaced, and/or the customer needs to schedule a service call to check out the rest of the system...

I said that in the Guided thread, but he didn't like it and started more threads.

He said it CAN'T be a bad box, it gets a signal, while he said it wasn't getting anything earlier.
I don't know the diagnostic codes at all, but some one posted them in another thread, thought it was referring to the MRV or SWM stuff though and the poster said he had a Slimline5, so I diagnosed it as such, now if it's a SWM it's entirely different, you have PI's and Splitters and what not.

I merged a couple threads together that was in regards to the same receiver
The HR21 thread is separate (different receiver)

I said that in the Guided thread, but he didn't like it and started more threads.

He said it CAN'T be a bad box, it gets a signal, while he said it wasn't getting anything earlier.
I don't know the diagnostic codes at all, but some one posted them in another thread, thought it was referring to the MRV or SWM stuff though and the poster said he had a Slimline5, so I diagnosed it as such, now if it's a SWM it's entirely different, you have PI's and Splitters and what not.

I Do Have A Power Inserter...

I Do Have A Power Inserter...

You didn't tell us that you have a SWM till now, how are we suppose to accurately diagnose your trouble when we don't have the correct info ?

You should probably start over with your situation as it's going thru a bunch of different situations here.

I don't even remember what your issue is at this point.
What ever it is, it's probably related to the SWM / PI set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.