diagnostic mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cave1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
Hells waiting room (El Paso,TX)
I was doing a forced down load on my hr24-500. I hit the select button on the receiver self check screen. It then entered the diagnostic mode. In diagnostic mode it showed box details.

I selected Guided Test Menu, it then went to Internal Test. I kept selecting Next Menu because I wanted to see what else is in the diagnostic mode. It came up with other screens that ran test for internal, access card, lnb power, video, internal hard drive, front panel buttons, front panel lights, hdmi, audio, remote control, sat tuner, terrestrial tuner, swm, moca link, modem, external hard drive, fan and av decoders.

I didn't run any test because I didn't want to mess something up and ruin my receiver.

What are the different menus used for?

Last edited:
I was doing a forced down load on my hr24-500. I hit the select button on the receiver self check screen. It then entered the diagnostic mode. In diagnostic mode it showed box details.

I selected Guided Test Menu, it then went to Internal Test. I kept selecting Next Menu because I wanted to see what else is in the diagnostic mode. It came up with other screens that ran test for internal, access card, lnb power, video, internal hard drive, front panel buttons, front panel lights, hdmi, audio, remote control, sat tuner, terrestrial tuner, swm, moca link, modem, external hard drive, fan and av decoders.

I didn't run any test because I didn't want to mess something up and ruin my receiver.

What are the different menus used for?

How did you get to this screen where is said "Guided Test Menu " ?

Or are you referring to the Info and Test screen ?

I saw a screen shot somewhere of the plain blue screen with diagnostic test menu's, such as Hard drive testing and stuff.

So how do you get to it? You just push select when it's running self check during boot?

When doing a receiver reset, on the screen that says "Running Receiver Self Check", press the select button on the remote. The receiver will then show "Entering Diagnostics Mode..." and bring up the guided test menu.

It also does the same thing on my other receivers, H21 and D11.

Last edited:
When doing a receiver reset, on the screen that says "Running Receiver Self Check", press the select button on the remote. The receiver will then show "Entering Diagnostics Mode..." and bring up the guided test menu.

Cool, nice find !

There use to be hidden menus in the old RCA recvrs, maybe others as well.
One that I liked was one that would tell you what channel was on what transponder and vice versa.

This is very interesting .... how long does it take to go thru the whole thing ?

Observing Front panel lights is taking a long time.
Almost looks like it's stuck there.

Very interesting ....
When it checked for the Internal HD, it found a Seagate, I thought it had found my EHD instead and it may have, it showed the model and serial number , I didn't check to verify, just figured it found my EHD when looking for the Internal, found that interesting, then when it go to the EHD test, it didn't find one .... says No Disk .... Hmmm...

With the observing lights part you have to manually pass it by pressing umm ok I believe .... either that or exit, either way dont hurt

Ya, I found that out after waiting for it to do it itself, same for the Audio one.

Some reason I failed the Remote test, although its working fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts