Dial-up (Land Line) options...split from audit thread.

The units I mentioned earlier from Europe were also in this price range...I agree the price is up there.

Jason

When I signed up with E* a few days ago, the CSR specificly told me the receivers I got 811/301 were not required to be hooked to a phone line. My wife and I each have a CDMA/analog phone, analog isn't available where we live(CDMA antenna is a few blocks away). Anyway, spending money for another product just to do pay-per-view directly seems like a waste. Especially when we can do pay-per-view online(cinemanow for example). The D* CSR told me specificly that I must have all recievers hooked to the phone line or I would have to pay for all programming on each reciever, later mentioned the possibility for a wavier. At E* which receivers are absolutely required to be connected, if any?

They told me when I signed up that the 322 was "required" to be connected to a phone line...when I told them I didnt have one, they changed and said that I just had to pay a $5 fee for it not being connected.

In reality they are only "required" to be connected if you intend to use the interactive or pay-per-view ordering, right?

811 without phone

I have used an 811 for 11 months in two different states without being required to be constantly connected to a land-line telephone.

I do connect occasionally to schedule a pay per view movie. The 811 box remembers the purchase and when I later reconnect it sends the information to Dish so that it can be added to my bill. All that just to save the $1 charge that would occur if I ordered over the PC or phone.

811 with and without phone

I have used an 811 for 11 months in two different states without being required to be constantly connected to a land-line telephone.

I do connect occasionally to schedule a pay per view movie. The 811 box remembers the purchase and when I later reconnect it sends the information to Dish so that it can be added to my bill. All that just to save the $1 charge that would occur if I ordered over the PC or phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)