Diamond 9000HD flash dump

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GOI

Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Europe
Hi guys,

I need a flash dump for my Diamond 9000HD receiver (or for Strong SRT 5440).

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I need a flash dump for my Diamond 9000HD receiver (or for Strong SRT 5440).

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. Can you go into more detail? Maybe you are attempting to change your firmware, if so what version is loaded now?

The history is as follows. I tried to change its original SW to version 1.31p and several others. As a result the receiver is dead. When I turn the main switch on, nothing happens. No light at all. The only way to bring it back to life is flashing with the dump file (with flash desoldering, of course).

The history is as follows. I tried to change its original SW to version 1.31p and several others. As a result the receiver is dead. When I turn the main switch on, nothing happens. No light at all. The only way to bring it back to life is flashing with the dump file (with flash desoldering, of course).

There is information on this site about the Diamond 9000HD that should clear things up for you if you use the search function at top of page. I have same receiver with that load of firmware.

You may have made a door stop.:eek:

There is information on this site about the Diamond 9000HD that should clear things up for you if you use the search function at top of page. I have same receiver with that load of firmware.

You may have made a door stop.:eek:

Thanks 1ADAM12 for the advice. I would prefer looking for a dump...

Not being familiar exactly with what you're looking for software wise I can't help there. It sounds similar to a JTAG procedure.

But what about trying to reload what you have. Will it communicate with the serial connection? There is an option in the channel editor for firmware updating.

Before I purchased my 9000, I researched about the box. I read that the 131P ruined many of the Diamonds a few years ago or at the least resulted in flickering video with no way to go back to factory FW. IIRC the eye patch file was larger than the factory and overwrote other data.

Is it possible to connect 2 together of these boxes for data transfer? What about a power cycle off-on when trying to initiate the update communication.

Dead Diamond 9000 HD

I read that the 131P ruined many of the Diamonds a few years ago or at the least resulted in flickering video with no way to go back to factory FW. IIRC the eye patch file was larger than the factory and overwrote other data.

I recall that Brentb636 had posted that there was no way to reload the original firmware once 131P HAD BEEN LOADED AND THAT jtag didn't work for this box. But that was a year ago and I may not be remembering this correctly.

Last edited:
I recall that Brentb636 had posted that there was no way to reload the original firmware once 131P HAD BEEN LOADED AND THAT jtag didn't work for this box. But that was a year ago and I may not be remembering this correctly.
Guys,
I restate my intention. The goal is to find an origional flash dump file for the receiver. The next step is flash chip flashing with a use of a programmer. I suppose it should restore the receiver capabilities with all the functions including sound.

Not being familiar exactly with what you're looking for software wise I can't help there. It sounds similar to a JTAG procedure.

But what about trying to reload what you have. Will it communicate with the serial connection? There is an option in the channel editor for firmware updating.

Before I purchased my 9000, I researched about the box. I read that the 131P ruined many of the Diamonds a few years ago or at the least resulted in flickering video with no way to go back to factory FW. IIRC the eye patch file was larger than the factory and overwrote other data.

Is it possible to connect 2 together of these boxes for data transfer? What about a power cycle off-on when trying to initiate the update communication.

Thanks Corrado,

Unfortunately, there is no way to connect a second Diamond because I can't find it. Your idea with serial connection can be productive, the programmer has a response from the receiver. I will try to work in this direction.

This is from a banned site so no name will be mentioned but is searchable.

Digiwave Diamond 9000HD PVR Setup Guide

First time set up for new Diamond 9000HD PVR Receiver

Initial Files: Download and unzip the STBTool.zip file and the FactoryDiamond9000HD.zip or the most current file such as Diamond9000HD_109p_20071112.stb file from this site for updating the STB. Download and unzip the fat32format.zip file if you wish to set up an Hard Drive to use the PVR functions. You must format the hard drive to a FAT32 format before using and on the first use with the STB, under Download, you will have to have the STB format the drive for its use. For editing a channel list, download and unzip the NDFEditor_Ver157.zip file. This program is good for changing satellite or transponders and for deleting channels quickly.

Updating STB: There are two methods of updating the stb with a new fix; using a straight through serial cable from STB to PC, or by using a USB memory stick or USB hard drive.

1. Check to see what software version you have by hitting menu, installation, system information. You can see your software version under "S/W Version". If you have version 1.01 or higher, if you wish to use a USB memory stick, please skip to step 3.

2. If you have Version 1.00 (Sept 04 2007 I think), you should connect a straight through serial cable to the receiver and PC. Open STBTool and browse for the "Diamond9000HD.stb" or the more current file such as the Diamond9000HD_109p_20071112.stb file. Hit "connect" and "start". The firmware will begin to transfer and takes a few minutes. Do not interupt until it completes the update. When done, remove the cable from receiver. Going forward, if you prefer, you may use your USB stick or USB hard drive to transfer software to the receiver.

3. With an updated software version past 1.00 on your receiver, you can place the most current stb file on your USB stick or your HDD. Open the front door of receiver and insert USB stick or HDD connection. Hit Menu, Utils, Download, and you will see the file in the USB stick or HDD. Hit OK and you will see "Upgrade, Do not power off receiver". When done, receiver will reboot and you are good to go if you already have channels on the STB, as they will remain intact.

4. If you do not yet have channels, you can configure your diseqc and scan for channels under MENU, INSTALLATION and then Dish settings. The diseqc switch worked very well for me but I had trouble using the SW21 function with over 3 satellites. Under MENU, INSTALLATION, Options, 0000, if you wish the BEV channels to be separated from the Dish channels, by automatically adding 1000 to their channel numbers, set the "renumbering BEV" function to ON.

5. Once all sats have been scanned, you can upload the channel list from the STB to the PC by using STBTool and straight through serial cable. Use the NDFEditor_Ver157 software to edit this ndf channel list if you wish and it can be downloaded back to the receiver using the serial cable or USB methods.

Good Luck !!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/171769-ndf-editor-diamond.html

Last edited:
This is from a banned site so no name will be mentioned but is searchable.

Digiwave Diamond 9000HD PVR Setup Guide

First time set up for new Diamond 9000HD PVR Receiver

Initial Files: Download and unzip the STBTool.zip file and the FactoryDiamond9000HD.zip or the most current file such as Diamond9000HD_109p_20071112.stb file from this site for updating the STB. Download and unzip the fat32format.zip file if you wish to set up an Hard Drive to use the PVR functions. You must format the hard drive to a FAT32 format before using and on the first use with the STB, under Download, you will have to have the STB format the drive for its use. For editing a channel list, download and unzip the NDFEditor_Ver157.zip file. This program is good for changing satellite or transponders and for deleting channels quickly.

Updating STB: There are two methods of updating the stb with a new fix; using a straight through serial cable from STB to PC, or by using a USB memory stick or USB hard drive.

1. Check to see what software version you have by hitting menu, installation, system information. You can see your software version under "S/W Version". If you have version 1.01 or higher, if you wish to use a USB memory stick, please skip to step 3.

2. If you have Version 1.00 (Sept 04 2007 I think), you should connect a straight through serial cable to the receiver and PC. Open STBTool and browse for the "Diamond9000HD.stb" or the more current file such as the Diamond9000HD_109p_20071112.stb file. Hit "connect" and "start". The firmware will begin to transfer and takes a few minutes. Do not interupt until it completes the update. When done, remove the cable from receiver. Going forward, if you prefer, you may use your USB stick or USB hard drive to transfer software to the receiver.

3. With an updated software version past 1.00 on your receiver, you can place the most current stb file on your USB stick or your HDD. Open the front door of receiver and insert USB stick or HDD connection. Hit Menu, Utils, Download, and you will see the file in the USB stick or HDD. Hit OK and you will see "Upgrade, Do not power off receiver". When done, receiver will reboot and you are good to go if you already have channels on the STB, as they will remain intact.

4. If you do not yet have channels, you can configure your diseqc and scan for channels under MENU, INSTALLATION and then Dish settings. The diseqc switch worked very well for me but I had trouble using the SW21 function with over 3 satellites. Under MENU, INSTALLATION, Options, 0000, if you wish the BEV channels to be separated from the Dish channels, by automatically adding 1000 to their channel numbers, set the "renumbering BEV" function to ON.

5. Once all sats have been scanned, you can upload the channel list from the STB to the PC by using STBTool and straight through serial cable. Use the NDFEditor_Ver157 software to edit this ndf channel list if you wish and it can be downloaded back to the receiver using the serial cable or USB methods.

Good Luck !!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/171769-ndf-editor-diamond.html

Thanks, but the receiver doesn't accept files... I need a dump file since the bootloader is damaged.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)