Did anyone else lose access to their AM21s?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Just wondering. It looks like an update happened to my HR54 and now I don't see the AM21 channels anymore. I don't even see the "Sat and Antenna" option displayed, just "Satellite". I think my dish may be slightly out of alignment, and I'll try to get that fixed next week. But would that actually affect OTA?

Got a service call from DirecTV for tomorrow (had to "move" back). I'm gonna have the guy realign the dish and I asked on the phone to have him look at the Genie, but I think I might just have him swap it out for a different HR54. Hope that should fix it. It's funny; I didn't realize they did service calls on Sundays.

Have you tried just pulling the power from the AM21, give it 15 seconds and then plug it back in (while the HR54 is on)? My AM21 on my HR54 is still working but have seen it get lost everyone and then after a reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Found out what the problem is. There is such a tangled up mess of cords behind my entertainment center that I didn't notice my AM21 was unplugged. I am going to keep my service call, however, because when I did "repeat satellite setup" there are two red X's under sat 99 and two red X's under sat 103. And since I have four red X's, I feel it is a good idea for the service call anyways. I'll "move" back right after the service call is over. So I'll only be without my "moved" locals for about 24 hours. No problem.

Last edited:
Found out what the problem is. There is such a tangled up mess of cords behind my entertainment center that I didn't notice my AM21 was unplugged. I am going to keep my service call, however, because when I did "repeat satellite setup" there are two red X's under sat 99 and two red X's under sat 103. And since I have four red X's, I feel it is a good idea for the service call anyways. I'll "move" back right after the service call is over. So I'll only be without my "moved" locals for about 24 hours. No problem.

What are your signal levels on 99 and 103?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

After I re-signed with D* after 2-year absence, I plugged in my AM-21. As expected, didn't show anywhere close to the channels available here OTA, but I was expecting that. But Sunday, it kept hanging up everything and I finally removed it.

Of course the hangup could have been my fault. Question: If you have an indoor antenna that is VERY receptive, does that plug into the AM-21 coax jack? Or does the main cable from the dish go here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts