Did anyone get there feb bill yet ?

If your bill is going up 30$, there is something wrong... either with the statement.. or with you ;)

And to the person who didn't authorize the dish home protection plan, it is a part of the dha promotion when signing up. It's free for 18 months, then it's 5.99 a month. If you really don't want it call and have it removed. And then relax. I authorize it.

The $1.99 plan is gone. I was told last week by the CEO team that I was grandfathered in, but when I talked to them again tonight they told me the $1.99 plan was no more, even for those of us that had been grandfathered in. :(

That is correct. While the dish home protection plan costs more, it has more benefits. But keep this in mind, you can always take it off, and add it back when you need it. :cool:

Last edited:
On Dec. 12th, I upgraded from 501/811 to VIP622/VIP211 and signed up for the "works": Platunum HD + locals and the CSR informed me that the bill would be $110.99/ month. After setting up my January VIP622/VIP211 installation I asked the CSR again to re-verify my monthly charges and she said $110.99/ month.
Yesterday I received my first monthly bill and my monthly charge went up to $134.99/ month. A WHOPPING $24.00 INCREASE ?????????
chasby

Mine only went up $3.I have the AT 200 channel pack with locals.

Attachments

• SM3banner.gif
    SM3banner.gif
    152.7 KB · Views: 100
Mine went up $10.00 a month for the DishHD Platinum package. I received a letter explaining the increase along with a $10.00 gift certificate. Increases are a real problem with a fixed income, can't work the OT to make it up.

Still waiting for my Dish'n It Up $100 ($10/month for 10 months)

All bills go up. Why worry? Work more OT!!!

Not quite sure I understand the rates going up period. I mean I signed a contract for my cellphone, and the plans & rates have changed hundreds of times, yet my bill is what I signed on for years ago. Dish makes you sign a contract, with a huge cancel fee, and can change rates. I don't understand.

mine went down, i switch to directv, fixed monthly for 1 yr. and no phone line charge.

Mine went down too, for the opposite reason. I dumped DirecTV in late January, because the monthly rate for Total Choice would have been roughly $10 higher in March than it was 2 1/2 years ago.

Dish Network's AT100 doesn't have some of the channels that Total Choice offered, but the $29.99 price certainly made it an attractive option for now. I miss Turner Classic Movies a bit, but not enough to continue paying DirecTV what they wanted each month.

As a bonus, SD image quality with Dish is noticeably better than I've seen on DirecTV in years, and I love the dual tuner 322 receiver. At this point, it's used mainly to record one program while viewing another.

The phone line requirement is no problem here, even with VOIP service. The line stays connected to the receiver, and the billing information is being uploaded to Dish with no issues.

Good luck when your one year deal with DirecTV expires.

Last edited:
This is what Dish has done over the past year to the AEP / HD customers.

January of '06 it was still AEP for $82 / mo. Last Feb ('06) they raised AEP by $3 / mo. So a year ago it was AEP = $85 + Dish HD = $10 + Voom = $5 for a total of $100 a month for the Everything Pak with HD and Voom.

Then around March or April they combined it all to call it the "Dish HD Platium" pak for the same $100 / mo.

If you added locals it was called "Dish HD Platinum + Locals" for $105 / mo.

Now they're calling it "America's Everything Value Pak - America's Top 250,4" and charging $95 / mo but they've separated HD again and now charge $20 / mo for it.

So that makes it $115 for AEP + HD which apparently include the locals because my bill has a line saying "Premium Package Locals" for $0.00. Does that mean locals are included whether you want them or not?

The bottom line is I'm now paying $10 more this month for the same programming I had last month but if anyone can make any "rational" sense out of the way Dish has done this, my hat's off to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts