Did anyone lose their guide on their 722 today?

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
I had a strange thing happen to me today. I lost all guide data from 7pm Eastern forward.

To get it back I did the "check switch" method to force a guide update and all was well.

Never had the guide just disappear like that before.

Happened to me tonight. Didn't realize it until 30 minutes ago. None of my recordings kicked on. Did a forced update but that didn't work. Didn't do a check switch, just turned it off and went back to DVDs, just checked it now and the guide was back.

Glad to know this isn't a 612 problem. It's just a Dish Network problem.

Yeah happened to me. I found out too late and it didn't record House or Fringe. Odd because they were in the guide at the time and Fringe even had yesterday's date on the episode. I called and basically went through the Check Switch forced download of the guide. Now I know I can do that on my own.

I had a strange thing happen to me today. I lost all guide data from 7pm Eastern forward.

To get it back I did the "check switch" method to force a guide update and all was well.

Never had the guide just disappear like that before.

It happens from time to time. I usually suspect that clouds or other problems made it impossible to pick up the guide data at its normal maintenance cycle. Check switch (or sometime jumping ahead 999 hours in the quide) is the solution for getting it to update the quide.

Happened again today it's the second time in 3 days this could get old real quick.
Whenever this happens my 622 fires off timers and won't stop.

For quite a while you have not been able to go forward/backward more than 99 hours, thus 999 probably won't work. Going forward by days is usually easier.
Going forward beyond the defined guide used to force a reload/fill in, not sure it works now.
BTW only the blackest of clouds should stop reception--but a partial inch of snow may stop the signal.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts