Did anyone preorder the Ipad today?

That is, of course, your opinion. It doesn't represent the opinion of everyone who has compared the devices.

It looks like the iPad was selling at a rate of 20,000 to 25,000 per hour today.

Absolutely it is my opinion. :)

Where did you hear those statistics. I looked yesterday and didn't see any.

The "missed basic expectations" are only a problem if people are using it like they would a laptop - I don't think that will be the case. The people who keep pointing out the iPad's shortcomings remind me of a monkey that sees a telephone pole for the first time, "There aren't enough branches, there's no fruit, there's no bark and it's hard to climb! What good is this tree?" I think the iPad will do well with the people it was targeted at - the rest will just think it's an incomplete laptop.

Just my 2 cents...

Mario

(Before anyone gets huffy, I wasn't calling anyone here a monkey. It was just a metaphor.)
Which people are those? The ones that want to carry around a huge iPod Touch or those that want to carry around a huge iPhone without the phone feature?

Honestly, what is the point of this thing? It is too small and does not do what most laptops do, so it is a crappy computer. It is to big to use as an iPod. It it too big to use as a phone and does not make calls

Those would be people like me who want something between a PDA phone and the laptop. I already posted those users in another thread, I believe you participated in.

BTW- are you on a mission to jack up your post count? For what purpose does that serve? You made three posts here within minutes. If you deny just trying to jack up your post count, here's a tip to add thoughts to your last and first in the series posts. Just use the edit button and add to your post.

Now if you really are on a mission to jack up post counts

Here's

Where did you hear those statistics. I looked yesterday and didn't see any.
I don't remember the actual page but I found it by searching on "iPad sales." The numbers were based on the first 2 hours (8:30 to 10:30 ET) of internet sales and didn't include any store figures. Today I've seen estimates of approximately 90,000 internet sales in the first 6 hours plus 41,000 store sales on the first day. Some of the internet sales transactions include more than one iPad but there are no guesses as to what percentage that is. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out but those are pretty respectable numbers, especially when you consider that the device won't ship for 3 weeks.

Those would be people like me who want something between a PDA phone and the laptop. I already posted those users in another thread, I believe you participated in.

BTW- are you on a mission to jack up your post count? For what purpose does that serve? You made three posts here within minutes. If you deny just trying to jack up your post count, here's a tip to add thoughts to your last and first in the series posts. Just use the edit button and add to your post.

Now if you really are on a mission to jack up post counts

Here's
I am not on a mission to jack up anything. I made three separate post because I responded to three different points by three different posters. I know how to multiquote within one post. I hate it when people do that because I like to give each individual the respect and ability to comment to the one post in which I address them. One thing I hate doing is editing other peoples posts because they decided to cover many things and I only want to respond to one.

The estimate is based on a Forbes article (and then picked up by many others) that admittedly is very unscientific
Apple opens the iPad pre-order flood gates, limit two per customer - Story Analysis by BuzzBox
Apple ( NSDQ: AAPL ) was selling pre-orders for the iPad at a rate of about 25,000 an hour this morning, according to a Forbes piece. The methodology is very unscientific; it’s based on differences between the order numbers given to early buyers
The final tally was more like 74K in 4.5 hours
http://www.businessinsider.com/is-apple-selling-20000-ipads-an-hour-2010-3

Nobody knows whether two or more iPad could be counted as one order and/or any accessories as different orders.
In other words, this number has as much a chance to undercount iPads ordered as it has to be complete BS.

And the longer Apple is mum on the real numbers, the more likely it is the latter...

Diogen.

The pad is cool but it lacks flash player capabilities and no multitasking without some kind of jailbreak of hack...no for me....it's not a real laptop yet.

mperdue, diogen. Thanks, My real interest in this is to predict how the short sellers of Apple stock may react to the sales figures. I'd like to buy more but waiting for the pull back that usually follows a product release.

truckracer- I hope they never do try to emulate a laptop. However, I do agree that multitasking, flash would be nice. Also, I would really like to have a front facing camera for video skype. I will not go for a 3G model as my use will mostly be around the house.

Dodgerking- Well then, I suppose my post really annoys you. :)
Anyway what I usually do is copy a segment of the post and then paste it and add the quote with the VB tools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)