Did Dish HD package get back to where it was?

chong67

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 17, 2009
Jonesboro
I remember few months back that you just cant get HD channels only. I remember you need SD package first, then add $10 for HD.

I guess everything had changed?

My next question is I was grandfather in since last year with the HD. Now they had gone back to where it was like the last time. But now the new HD got the Fox News Channel. Can I get it since I do not have it?

I remember few months back that you just cant get HD channels only. I remember you need SD package first, then add $10 for HD.

My next question is I was grandfather in since last year with the HD. Now they had gone back to where it was like the last time. But now the new HD got the Fox News Channel. Can I get it since I do not have it?

The all HD packages have been available for a couple years or so. It was initially named Turbo HD and now is called Dish America. It was never unavailable, just not pushed/advertised by E*. There are still two sets of packages: (1) the Dish America all HD package with three levels and (2) the Top 120, 200, and 250 packages to which HD can be added. The Dish America packages still do not have all the HD channels found in the corresponding Top packages. Nothing has changed there. It remains as it has always been. E* simply has a new promotion that allows subs to get HD for Life with the standard Top packages by agreeing to a 24 month commitment or paying $99. Autopay and billing are required as well. Some existing subs were grandfathered into HD for Life if they had HD and Platinum as of June 3.

You must not have done a very thourough job of researching it. The all HD packages have been around the last 2 years. There are a lot of members on here that subscribe to them. If you need questions answered this is the place to be.

I see. I didnt know this about the unpublished package thing. All I know is on their website few months ago, you have to get a SD package, then pay $10 to get the HD. Now you dont need to get a SD package anymore.

My HD 50 channel package from a year ago did not include Fox News Channel. I wonder if I can add it now. Has anyone done it and the price is still the same?

I just call Dish. I have those HD 50 channels from a year ago and it cost $29.99 and he said to upgrade to have Fox News Channel it is another $10 a month. That is the only difference between my old HD channel vs the current 120 HD channel. I dont think its worth the $10 extra a month. Is mine grandfather in?

Fox News HD is not and has never been in any of the Dish America (all HD) packages. It is in the standard AT120 package and higher. AT120 is $39.99 plus whatever you do with HD for Life. If you've been on a Dish America (Turbo HD before the rename), I do not think you are grandfathered into HD for Life, but you'll need to talk to a CSR to be sure.

Yes, my package is called Dish America. I ask him if my $29.99 is forever and he said yes. I'll keep this package and save the $10. I prefer Fox News HD but CNN HD is fair.

Dish America 50 and AT120 is the same except the Fox News HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)