Did Dish send me a bug?

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I have been working with you all about changes to my TV2 last couple of days. I called Dish and talked to them about options about upgrading to a HD tv for my second tv yesterday. When I got home reciever said I needed to upplug for 60 seconds. Did so and did the switch check and so on to get reciever working again. Tonight same thing only had trouble getting to boot up. When finally did it said hard drive corrupt and needed to be cleaned so of coarse I lost everything. Could dish have corrupted reciever to try to get me to upgrade and sign another contract? Seems pretty strange that this happened right after talking to them.

I have been working with you all about changes to my TV2 last couple of days. I called Dish and talked to them about options about upgrading to a HD tv for my second tv yesterday. When I got home reciever said I needed to upplug for 60 seconds. Did so and did the switch check and so on to get reciever working again. Tonight same thing only had trouble getting to boot up. When finally did it said hard drive corrupt and needed to be cleaned so of coarse I lost everything. Could dish have corrupted reciever to try to get me to upgrade and sign another contract? Seems pretty strange that this happened right after talking to them.
NO it sounds like your HDD is going bad. So you will need to exchange it for another unit like what you have (no contract extension it is D*) now if you upgrade you will have to go to a new contract & maybe pay a bit.

It's purely coincidental. We can replace your existing receiver with the same model, which would not require a commitment (provided the receiver is not obsolete).

The upgrade (without purchasing) does require a commitment.

If you want info about any upgrades, or getting the receiver replaced, feel free to send me a PM with account info

I finally had to knock it a few times to get the DVR funtion to work. Guess some kind of bad connection. The timing just seem strange. Guess it knew it was on its way out. Will go pick up new tv today and order 75' HDMI cable.

I finally had to knock it a few times to get the DVR funtion to work. Guess some kind of bad connection. The timing just seem strange. Guess it knew it was on its way out. Will go pick up new tv today and order 75' HDMI cable.

With the hdmi cable you will still only be able to watch the same thing that is on your main TV. You will not be able to watch alternate content when the main TV is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)