Did everyone lose distant networks?

capman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
CA
I have been following this distant network fiasco with dish and this has been the best site for news and information. I was wondering if everyone lost their distant networks. Could dish still be turning the signals off? I live in Santa Maria, Ca and am about 150 miles from the los angeles network signals. I had gotten waivers from my local affiliates for Fox, NBC, and ABC. CBS wouldn't give me a waiver because the local affiliate is in my town. I have been receiving FOX and ABC from los angeles through dish.

I turned on my receiver today and I still have the 2 network channels. FOX and ABC from Los Angeles. i was just wondering if Dish is still working on turning all the signals off. I'm sure they could turn them off at once, but just wanted to know if there are others that still are getting their distant networks. If i am still receiving the networks, is dish violating the courts ruling?

thanks

i tried that mydistantnetworks.com and they were able to give me ABC and FOX from Atlanta ans S.F i had to redo myy waivers for NBC and CBS! which suks b/c now i am going to miss the rest of the season of te Amazing Race 10

Dish Network
At midnight the network signals from such place as New York and Los Angeles were cut.

Dish owner, Echostar Communications violated federal copyright law because they offered the stations to customers who are able to get the channels using an antenna.

The court order did not effect direct-TV customers but for dish owners, according to NBC 6 General Manager Frank Brady that leaves 3 options.

Brady says, "They hope they can get it over the air. They can look to going to another source, whether it's cable or the other satellite provider. Or they just learn to do without all the major networks."

Echostar Communications has about 34-thousand customers in West Virginia.

Glad I live in Beckley. WVVA -6 must be having a field day right now. You would think they might have some compasion for people forced to watch there weak signal

Just called Dish to order a new remote for my model 4000 reciever. I did not ask why my New York and Los Angeles stations were still up and he did not seem to notice so I am gonna stay quiet.

Have the UCLA - USC game from the Pasadena Rosebowl coming up on KABC and want to be able to watch the local post game coverage as well.

Cant help but wonder how much Dish Network must pay each day in fines for us still recieveing the siganals as technicaly they are in contempt of court

All four NY distants still available in Puerto Rico as of 7:00 pm of Dec. 2... ;)

Just noticed my Fox 'local' (channel 24) is being transmitted from the US Virgin Islands... It seems they really enjoy watching Soul Train there...

Personally guys, I dont know if this is a good thread to run. If you do still have those, would you not want to keep quiet about it? ;0 From the court order the other day it is crystal clear that this site is monitored by someone at CBS ;0 I would seriously advise this thread being removed period ;0

-B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)