Family Room Hopper3 did a Partial Reset by itself

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
Tonight I turned on my Family Room Hopper3 and found it had done a partial reset. I lost my 3 lists of Favorite Channels, I had to rescan my OTA channels, and I had to sign back into Netflix and Amazon Prime. Most of my timers were still there but the ESPN 140 timer and the 540-03 timers for CFB National Championship both failed to record. So I missed the first quarter.
Fortunately ESPN is showing the game at multiple show times so I am going to record the game from 4-7 AM tomorrow on both of my Hopper3 receivers just to be safe.

Wow, still more problems. When the halftime started I tried channel 540-03 and my Family Room Hopper3 went blank. Ok had to do a manual reboot to get the picture back. At the beginning of the second half I was watching channel 140 in 1080i. I hit recall to go to channel 540-03. Once again I lost the picture. Again I had to do a manual reboot using the red button to regain control of my Family Room hopper3. I am not going to keep switching between channels 140 and 540-03 since that appears to cause problems for my Hopper3. Prior to this both of my Hopper3 receivers have been very stable.

I do like that 540-03 showed the halftime show while 140 had commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I recorded the 4-6 AM replay of the CFP National Championship game on ESPN channel 140. They inserted some many commercials that you miss several minutes of play action after each set of commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell