Did everyone lose distant networks?

I have two dishes, a 500 and a 1000, and subscribe to the gold package with locals. The 500 was dedicated to only one channel- CBS HD West. I liked watching Los Angeles CBS2 morning news.

When this distant network issue raised its ugly little head last summer I called Dish twice and was assured that this channel would not be affected.

Dish deleted CBS HD West yesterday while I was at work.

Today I called Customer Service and was told that they would charge me $99 to remove the useless 500 from my chimney.

I'm very unhappy with Dish right now.

Personal info is not the issue. The issue is that clearly you guys are putting info out that you should not be... publically ;0 a PM would have been a better medium ;0 You only shoot yourself in the foot and any others who managed by fluke or whatever the cause to keep some. Again, I would suggest this thread being pulled by a moderator; Scott?

-B

Personal info is not the issue. The issue is that clearly you guys are putting info out that you should not be... publically ;0 a PM would have been a better medium ;0 You only shoot yourself in the foot and any others who managed by fluke or whatever the cause to keep some. Again, I would suggest this thread being pulled by a moderator; Scott?

-B

Everyone's free to do what they want, but if I still had my distants today I sure as hell would have kept my mouth shut and not been boasting about it on here and hoping others in the same boat would do the same. The NAB's lawyers are all over this board. This board has already given far too much evidence to the NAB trying to shoot down the NPS deal. Hopefully next time there is a Charlie Chat that's only meant to be seen and heard by certain people, audio clips and photos won't be up for the world to see and hear.

Sorry I created the topic, lost my distants so I guess it really doesn't matter now. Just hope that the bill will pass. If I had to pay more to keep them so dish could pay what they needed I would though. Now I have to go back to crappy local news. I just want to know how people got the distant networks without getting a waiver from their local affiliates. That was the only way dish would provide the distants to me. Some of us follow the law and still we get screwed.

No it was a good topic capman, it's just if I had my distant networks still I certainly wouldn't have said so and just hoped I slipped through the cracks.

stone phillps420 said:
they have no way of finding our personal info from this site
as Scott wouldnt let that happen
I have a news flash for you. If this site, and any others out there, start talking about doing things they shouldn't be doing, and some judge decides it would be a good idea to talk to the people that post the information here, I believe Scott would have to comply with a subpoena in order to give the authorities your personal information.

Just playing devil's advocate on this one. But it is a very important distinction to have.

Everyone's free to do what they want, but if I still had my distants today I sure as hell would have kept my mouth shut and not been boasting about it on here and hoping others in the same boat would do the same. The NAB's lawyers are all over this board. This board has already given far too much evidence to the NAB trying to shoot down the NPS deal. Hopefully next time there is a Charlie Chat that's only meant to be seen and heard by certain people, audio clips and photos won't be up for the world to see and hear.
This Chat has been running in a loop, so it was going to be seen one way or another...just trying to report the news. BUT if I could go back to Thursday night/ friday morning I would have recorded apes, dogs, donkeys etc for sound bytes and put up ads for DirecTV for screen caps...;)

I have friend here in Marietta Ohio that is STILL receiving NY distant networks from Dish Network. I and several others lost them Friday night Saturday morning. We are totally baffled.

I have friend here in Marietta Ohio that is STILL receiving NY distant networks from Dish Network. I and several others lost them Friday night Saturday morning. We are totally baffled.

Do you think that maybe the people that still have their distants don't turn off their receivers so the receiver never gets to update itself? Do you think that this may have something to do with it?

I power off my 510 every night... NY was still up this morning... Wonder if the distants will be turned off at the end of the billing cycle, just to 'round' things up...

You know, I hate to say it but I am very new to Dish. I have no clue what "Distants" are. Could someone tell me what channels they are so I can check to see if I still have them?

Thanks

1) When did you lost your distant network?
Lost my Distants on Saturday Dec. 2nd PM
2) What state do you reside in?
Maine (no locals available until Bangor goes live on DiSH)
3) If you had CBS HD did you lose that as well?
Never had it
4) Have you called your senator at (202) 224-3121? (If you emailed you should also call more weight is placed on calls over email)
No

- DiSH subscriber since 1996 with Distant nets always.
- Charlie blew it big time here folks!! I'm very disappointed w/Echostar.
- I've switched to Bell ExpressVu, w/HD and Distants (Boston & Seattle). Current promotion is 50% off dual tuner HD PVR (942 equivalent?) so it only costs me $274 to buy it on-line and the HD package is cheaper than DiSH's HD Gold.
- BEV presently has almost 2M subscriber base, which is about double what DiSH had when I joined in 1996. I'll get used to curling & hockey.

Great forum here guys . . . I'll miss the community :-(

Undoubtedly, Dish sent the signal to cancel these distant channels before the deadline. But I believe that some of the Dish receivers, particularly older ones, take some time before they implement the change. I once had a model 3000 that received programming for several weeks after I cancelled it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts