Did I get scammed by Dish?

adam612

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
I've been a Dish customer for a little more than 2 years.

10 days ago I moved and upgraded to HD.

I was told the move would be completely free, but there's a $30 charge on my account for installation.

The thing that bugs me more, though, is a $149 "Upgrade" fee to HD.

I spoke to at least 3 different Dish phone people before we upgraded. Was told about having to pay $179 for the new receiver, but that it would be offset by the $100 Dish'n it up rebate, as well as a $20 credit for six months.

I was told my new monthly fee would be $60.97. Each time I asked if there were any other charges to be aware of, I was told no.

I just called and was told I have to pay this $149 fee. What gives? Do I have any rights here?

Sounds like you learned the hard way like I did. Dish takes no repsonsibility for what the csrs say. People on here have told me to tell the csrs to be sure to make notes so the next time you call it will show up.

Sounds right, you were not told properly by csr. Any paperwork you were given should state all the fees and charges. If you log on to your accout at dishnetwork.com, all of this is stated there as well. You also have to print out the $100 rebate form and send it to dish with the first bill with the upgrade listed to get the $100, with the free months and additional rebate actually makes the upgrade 'free', in fact you should get more back than you pay up front.

Correction.

I called back a second time and found someone who knew what they were talking about.

The 179 I paid two weeks ago actually covered the 149 upgrade and the 30 install. It wasn't three separate charges.

Thanks for your feedback

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts