Fox Sports West HD Hockey.

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I checked the official Fox Sports West Kings schedule and did not see any games being broadcasted in HD.

Fox Sports West does not have the actual schedule on their site so I found one on the L.A. Kings site.

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamSchedule

As you can see, none of the game have (HD) next to the FSW, so if it is true, it is very disappointing. Any one knows otherwise?

I checked the official Fox Sports West Kings schedule and did not see any games being broadcasted in HD.

Fox Sports West does not have the actual schedule on their site so I found one on the L.A. Kings site.

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamSchedule

As you can see, none of the game have (HD) next to the FSW, so if it is true, it is very disappointing. Any one knows otherwise?

Fox has been slow to embrace HD, although they seemed to have picked up the pace after a few weeks into the baseball season this year. Channel 9 broadcast ALL their Dodger games (home and away) in HD while Fox broadcast only some of the home games in HD -- all away games were SD.

Hopefully, they will pick up the pace (at least for the home games) this year. If I recall, their original baseball schedule showed only a handfull of HD games this year, but they had many more.

If you're a Duck fan, however, forget about seeing any HD games broadcast on channel 56. That lame channel will probably never broadcast anything in HD...

According to an article in the LA Times a week or so back, the LA Kings are going to be televising ONLY 10 games in HD this year. It comes down to economics. Hockey draws piss-poor ratings for Fox Sports West and combine that with the costs related to doing an HD broadcast and you have your answer as to why you'll be seeing so few Kings games on FSW this year.

I have no idea what the plan is with the Ducks.

I would assume that the Laker games on FSW will all be in HD since they outdraw the hockey ratings by ridiculous margins.

According to an article in the LA Times a week or so back, the LA Kings are going to be televising ONLY 10 games in HD this year. It comes down to economics. Hockey draws piss-poor ratings for Fox Sports West and combine that with the costs related to doing an HD broadcast and you have your answer as to why you'll be seeing so few Kings games on FSW this year.

I have no idea what the plan is with the Ducks.

I would assume that the Laker games on FSW will all be in HD since they outdraw the hockey ratings by ridiculous margins.

Well that's just bad. I checked the schedule for the Sharks and they will have 30 HD game on Fox Sports Bay Area. Do Sharks get better ratings than Kings or Ducks? Maybe, but I bet not by much.

This is just poor programming.