Did the update kill my 622 (?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayG27

Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
So I woke up this morning and turn on the TV. It goes through its update process and shuts off. When I press the power button on the remote it doesn’t work, when I press the power button on the receiver the green light by TV1 comes on for about 5 seconds and then goes off, then about 10 seconds latter all six lights on the front flash and then go off.

I turned it on twice and it did the same thing. I haven’t had time to do anything else because I had to get to work.

Do you think my receiver is fried?

So I woke up this morning and turn on the TV. It goes through its update process and shuts off. When I press the power button on the remote it doesn’t work, when I press the power button on the receiver the green light by TV1 comes on for about 5 seconds and then goes off, then about 10 seconds latter all six lights on the front flash and then go off.
Mine was doing the same thing when I left the house. Unplugging it and doing a hard reset didn't seem to stop it. A couple other threads are detailing the same thing, seems like a FUBAR'ed software update.

I turned it on twice and it did the same thing. I haven’t had time to do anything else because I had to get to work.

Do you think my receiver is fried?

The six lights on the front flash is normal during reboots. This firmware update takes a few hours with 4 or 5 reboots.

Just let it do the multiple reboots and it should end up fine,.

Mine rebooted about 4 times, I should know, My little guy is starting to get an ear infection and whenver he gets one the only way he will sleep is laying on top of me on the couch... so i got to hear it reboot every time. started aroudn 2, and finished around 5:45 this morning...

Mine did the same thing this morning, but after I just let it run its course it came on just fine. Although I only watched my local morning news OTA.

I heard my 622 sound like it us updating when I got up, it had stopped before I powered it up. It started making the download noice again with the all the light lit. When it finally stopped I had nothing, no sound, picture or even screen saver. I did a soft reset, waited for it to finish that then powered it back on. It went through the aquiring satellite then was fine.

I have two 622s, the one in the bedroom was programmed to update (so I thought) at 7am, however this morning (2/28) it started rebooting at 3am (did I mention in an earlier thread how *LOUD* these 622s are?), every 20 minutes, at least 4 times. Wife was sleeping, so I didn't test it. The one in the living room was also set for 7am updates, but it had the popup for updates onscreen at 5am. It appeared to work fine after the reboot.

My brother was at my house this morning and called dish network and they told him to unplug it and plug it back in and it should "fix it". Of course it didnt. I hope that didnt stop the upgrade cycle or Dishnetwork has very good software that can recover from being unplugged during the middle of an update.

I guess I will go home during my lunch break and see if I cant get it to come back on.
If not I guess I will be trying to get a new 622 from dish.

Northeast Ohio got pelted pretty with snow last night, so we needed to get closing/weather updates, so the update thing was pretty inconveneint for us. My 722 wouldn't turn on, so I went downstairs and unplugged it, plugged it back in and turned it back on. It booted up, but I had to go dust some snow off of the dish. After all of that, it was fine.

My 622 did this too starting last night, but this am i unplugged it, let it sit for about a half hour, then plugged it back in. It then went through a long (about 5 minute) reboot process, but eventually came back on working fine. thank god. this was not a normal reboot at all. i almost gave up on it a couple of times. all the lights went out for a minute or so. just left it alone and it came out fine.

Same problem here, but seemed fixed

The wife woke me up this morning saying that the vcr is rewinding non stop. She still thinks we have a VCR downstairs. But it really did sound like a vcr rewinding (or forwarding) forever. Loud.
Remote would not work, no lights on, so I did a soft reboot, the sound started again. Unplugged/Replugged it sound started again but after a few minutes (while on the phone with Dish robot machines), the sound stops, the green light turns on, and i went thru the usual sequence reboot and it worked.
I check the software version and it says 4.49.

I was wondering why my system was rebooting all morning. I haven't watched it since the annoying as hell popping begain this weekend and it sounded like a damn jet engine every time it turned off.

I woke up this morning and it was downloading the updates took about 30 min but then the receiver came back on and everything worked fine. I was hoping that would be a HD update but to good to be true I guess. . I was excited until I saw nothing really changed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts