Did they set me up right?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TRSmudge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Rhinelander, Wi
I have a Superdish (110,119,121) and a separate at 61.5

I live in Northern Wisconsin (Rhinelander)

I have not had any problems, but now that they released FSN HD on 129 and not 61.5 I am starting to wonder if they should have pointed me at 129?

Just wondering for my location is this the best for me?

Thanks,
TRSmudge

It depends, if you have a lot of trees, you might not be able to hit 129, thats probally why they hit 61.5 instead. The 129 is the lowest DN sat in the sky and if im wrong someone can correct me but I'm pretty sure im right on this one. And being the lowest also makes it the hardest to hit.

It depends, if you have a lot of trees, you might not be able to hit 129, thats probally why they hit 61.5 instead. The 129 is the lowest DN sat in the sky and if im wrong someone can correct me but I'm pretty sure im right on this one. And being the lowest also makes it the hardest to hit.

You are correct. 129 is the lowest for most of the US. The only thing lower would be 148. Here in Ohio if want to hit 148, you have to set your dish elevation at 11 degrees. But, 148 is really only meant for Alaska and Hawaii and parts of the west coast.

Why are you using 121 anyways? International programming? We've pretty much quit using 121 superdishes over in this area. If you're not getting internationals, then 121 is not required, in which case you could upgrade to like a dish 1000.2 with a 61.5 wing dish. If, that is, you have line of sight for 129.

Nothing I chose, this is how they set me up.....
My locals are on both 121 and 129.....

Looks like 121 is 28.9 elevation for me
And 129 would be 24.6

Guess I need to look into this.....

Thanks

If you originally signed up a few years back your locals would have only been on 121 which is why you have the superdish. Then if you added HD 61.5 would have been a more stable choice then 129 with no programing difference for you until now.

If this is a recent install it doesn't make sense to me unless there is a line of sight issue on 129.

DISH has pretty much phased out the need for superdishes. You may want to check and make sure that 121 is required for reception for locals. DISH has been playing "musical chairs" with the programming and moving stuff around on the sats for a while now. 129 may be all you need. IF you have line of sight.

If you originally signed up a few years back your locals would have only been on 121 which is why you have the superdish. Then if you added HD 61.5 would have been a more stable choice then 129 with no programing difference for you until now.

Exactly my situation......

I'd give dish a call and tell them what's up. I'm not 100% but I believe this would qualify for a free repoint to 129 or maybe even a 1000.2

The 1000.2 with wing at 61.5 would be the best solution if possible.

Otherwise you could always move the wing dish yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts