Did u hear on news about merger

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish will likely retain their name, and probably convert all DTV subs that are left to Dish/Echostar equipment and Dish will sell off DTV satellites. This will take several years to complete.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: edisonprime
Actually, I think this will result in hefty price increases. I am constantly getting "please come back to DirectV!" calls and mail, and I was able to get another discount and two year price lock about 6 months after mine ran out and my bill went way up by simply saying, hey, hard to convince my wife not to move back to DirectV with our Dish price back up this high (and that was the total of my request before the retention person gave me my previous price and two year price lock back, plus throwing in a minor couple of other niceties.) The person who said the main competition is the other satellite company and not really cable is correct, IMO.

It will be interesting to see if it has (if it happens) give the remaining big sat company stronger leverage in channel disputes.

Actually, I think this will result in hefty price increases. I am constantly getting "please come back to DirectV!" calls and mail, and I was able to get another discount and two year price lock about 6 months after mine ran out and my bill went way up by simply saying, hey, hard to convince my wife not to move back to DirectV with our Dish price back up this high (and that was the total of my request before the retention person gave me my previous price and two year price lock back, plus throwing in a minor couple of other niceties.) The person who said the main competition is the other satellite company and not really cable is correct, IMO.

It will be interesting to see if it has (if it happens) give the remaining big sat company stronger leverage in channel disputes.

I think DirecTV and Dish consider each other the "competition," but cable companies consider the Satellite companies the competition. I get stuff in the mail multiple times a week from Spectrum where they offer super-cheap packages and to buy out my contract.

Cox keeps mailing me, wanting me to dump FiOS and Dish. Fat chance. But I’m happy to see them waste money.

We had them about 15 years ago, and are still angry over the poor service.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)