Did we always have 622 (YES) and 625 (SNYH) in HD?? (Sports Pack)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PremiumPete83

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hey guys,

I turned on the sports pack for college fball season and I was looking through my "HD Channels" on my receiver and noticed YESH and SNYH which are the YES and SNY channels in HD. Were they always here or are these new??

Hey guys,

I turned on the sports pack for college fball season and I was looking through my "HD Channels" on my receiver and noticed YESH and SNYH which are the YES and SNY channels in HD. Were they always here or are these new??
Beats me, but don't get excited about SNY HD. I've had it for a few days and I have yet to see a game broadcast in HD on it.

I also noticed there were 500 level versions of HBO and Showtime..Weren't these usually below the 100's?

YES and SNY have been in hd for the NY and Hartford dma's since the beginning of the baseball season. SNY is hd for the Mets home games only. Next year I think all of the games will be in hd, but don't hold me to that! All of the Yankee games are in hd. NESN is hd for the Boston dma only. Next year, the Hartford dma should have it in hd, also.

Hey guys,

mine were definitely sd this morning. perhaps, you are in a region to receive the hd version of these channels?

Man, am I glad I read this post!

I had no idea that YES and YESH were both set to 622. I don't know if it's related to the fact that I switched from the H10 receiver to the H20 on Friday, but sure enough, I can see YESHD.

Outstanding! Better late than never, I guess. I'm lookin' forward to tomorrow's game for sure!

This is what makes these forums so great! A big "Thanks!" to the whole Satelliteguys.us crew!

Cheers,
Hantu

Man, am I glad I read this post!

I had no idea that YES and YESH were both set to 622. I don't know if it's related to the fact that I switched from the H10 receiver to the H20 on Friday, but sure enough, I can see YESHD.

Outstanding! Better late than never, I guess. I'm lookin' forward to tomorrow's game for sure!

This is what makes these forums so great! A big "Thanks!" to the whole Satelliteguys.us crew!

Cheers,
Hantu

The H10 doesn't receive mpeg4 signals, the H20 does. YES hd is in mpeg4, that's why you are getting it now.

Thanks, Chip! I didn't think I was getting them before.

Kinda OT, but I also believe that the DSP of the H20 is better, too. I swear that the PQ has improved on all channels since switching boxes.

Hantu

Beats me, but don't get excited about SNY HD. I've had it for a few days and I have yet to see a game broadcast in HD on it.
That's because the Mets are on the road and their road games are not in HD - only their home games. All the Yankees games on YES are in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)