Did we lose things on Galaxy 16, 99C West?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did they run out of bandwidth for the ABC channel in the mux? The other channels aren't bad but poor ABC!
-C.

I now see that when I pull the front of the dish down slightly, my quality goes up to 45%, so now I'll have to see what I can mechanically change to make that slight downward pull permanent without wrecking the whole thing.
I forget if you said this was a stationary dish, or motor driven.

IF motor driven, in your location, move the dish to the WEST using the motor, then loosen the bolts holding the dish to the pole, and physically move it back to the East, this will effectively raise the dish.

It's the opposite if you were to pull the dish UP and it increases the quality, that would mean your dish is already too low. You need to lower the dish to get it back to where it was before it moved.

If you need to raise the dish, move the motor to the EAST, then loosen the bolts holding it to the pole, and move the entire assembly, motor and all, to the WEST to get it back. After moving it, be sure to re-tighten those three or four bolts holding it to the pole.

I think I got that right, motor to East, then move assembly West to lower, movor WEST then move assembly East to raise.

Did that make sense?

Photto

Last edited:
I forget if you said this was a stationary dish, or motor driven.

IF motor driven, in your location, move the dish to the WEST using the motor, then loosen the bolts holding the dish to the pole, and physically move it back to the East, this will effectively raise the dish.

It's the opposite if you were to pull the dish UP and it increases the quality, that would mean your dish is already too low. You need to lower the dish to get it back to where it was before it moved.

If you need to raise the dish, move the motor to the EAST, then loosen the bolts holding it to the pole, and move the entire assembly, motor and all, to the WEST to get it back. After moving it, be sure to re-tighten those three or four bolts holding it to the pole.

I think I got that right, motor to East, then move assembly West to lower, movor WEST then move assembly East to raise.

Did that make sense?

Photto

Thanks for the help, but I got them in now. My dish is motor driven.

Believe it or not, I think I just bent it slightly into place. I pulled forwards on the dish, and held it in place for a minute or so, and then pulled on the supports holding the lnb over the focus for another 30 seconds.

I didn't put much force on anything, but now I get the networks with 35% quality, enough for a stable signal, and the World Harvest transponder that I was able to get before at 45% quality is now 65% quality, so I'm safe for now. Maybe I just did some handwaving, and cast a spell on it to make it work ;) I don't know, but I'm happy I got them in - they're basically the only channels I watch. Thanks again.

I now got back NBC Wy with a blind scan, same frequency, same everything yet I wasnt getting it before.
At least I got 2 Televisa Channels thanks to the rescan!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts