Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
May be a tad early for this post but,I would like to try and get a figure of how many are getting a free roku.The csr quoted me a price of $79.99,trying to get a rough estimate of how much this is costing dish.

We got a free roku offer.

See the last 35 or so pages of the AMC thread. That's pretty much all the talk, now.

See the last 35 or so pages of the AMC thread. That's pretty much all the talk, now.

Yea I'm afraid your right Kab,not sure this thread is gonna work.Wanted to try and keep it separate though.

Did the chat twice and got loylaty both times!...still nadda!...totally unfair.

There are some who may not get the offer.Are you already getting credits on your bill?If so that seems to be a disqualifier.

$79.99 might be the MSRP, but I'm sure that's not what Dish is paying Roku for each of them. At the very least they're getting some sort of wholesale or bulk discount. I'd imagine they probably even negotiated something better than that.

Yes I have credits but I wasnt pushing additional ones. Still never got offered a Roku though!. I was told to go and buy one....cheeky buggers!

How long have you been a customer?
What package do you have?

Those can also be a factor.

$79.99 might be the MSRP, but I'm sure that's not what Dish is paying Roku for each of them. At the very least they're getting some sort of wholesale or bulk discount. I'd imagine they probably even negotiated something better than that.

Oh yea I agree,I mentioned in the other thread that there may be some sort of partnership between roku and dish.

Took two tries, first CSR tried to tell me I could get both Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead's new season episodes on BB@Home. I called back,(the 888 number in the email) and was told this definitely wasn't true. I was transferred to loyalty, set up with Roku shipment and a $35 credit. I have AEP and BB, plus I already have a credit for the next 8 months, so apparently does not factor in. Maybe the package level? Or trying to make me happy since first CSR lied to me.

Took two tries, first CSR tried to tell me I could get both Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead's new season episodes on BB@Home. I called back,(the 888 number in the email) and was told this definitely wasn't true. I was transferred to loyalty, set up with Roku shipment and a $35 credit. I have AEP and BB, plus I already have a credit for the next 8 months, so apparently does not factor in. Maybe the package level? Or trying to make me happy since first CSR lied to me.

I think persistence pays off in this case as well.When they told me there was no such offer I said uhh yes there is.I read it at satguys and facebook.Kind of hard to deny then.Still I'm sure there will be some customers for whatever reason they won't give in to.

The only surprise I have, is that any of you are surprised at getting different/made up/ill informed answers from CSR's.

I don't quite get what this poll will show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts