Did you get a free Roku offer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Free Roku

• Yes

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 52.4%

• Total voters
LOL there is no hacking the roku, just knowing what private channels to add is key.

LOL there is no hacking the roku, just knowing what private channels to add is key.

True...Was just trying to get that part of the topic moved to the proper forum,there was already a thread named hacking the roku so that's where I pointed.;)

It took 2 calls to finally get my Roku. It came today.
Simple to hook up and configure. It took about 4 hours of research, signing up and tinkering but I now have it also serving up my DVD collection stored on my Synology NAS server over DLNA. If this Roku natively supported DLNA it would be the icing on the cake!

You can use PLEX channels to stream ur DVD collection from ur laptop/pc

ASK FOR RETENTION!
I mentioned my neighbor got a free ROKU from DISH. I got the roku then asked if it comes with a HDMI cable for my TV. He made a separate order. I then acted stupid then asked if I could get the credit for d/l the shows and got $35.
Forget the chat guys. Call this #: 1-888-873-5765 (Special Retention Team)

I straight up ask for a roku and $10 off for next 12 months. AND I GOT IT!!!

However wrong it may be, i did not subscribe to AMC and I said that I wanted the AMC channel yet they did not provide it. I said that I watched it on dvd and now I wanted it on my tv. I also said that I did not have a xbox or a ps3 and neither did I have a smart tv. And I got the box!!! I did not get the credit.

This is for those with 200 channels or more..

NEW DISH ROKU OWNERS LET'S TALK HOW TO USE AND MAX OUT THE ROKU THREAD IN TECH SUPPORT

I called the number mentioned in this post and told them that I had the 120 plus package and wanted to upgrade to 200 package for getting AMC. I was given the upgrade (which costs $10 more) and 6 months credit for $10 each ($60), One time credit for $30 for the 10 episodes of Breaking Bad, Free Roku box, $50 one time credit for the inconvenience of having to go through Roku. Just an FYI for other SDers trying to call in.

Contract does not get extended just for getting the Roku. You can get in on this deal even if you are in contract.

America's 200 and up had the AMC, IFC, WE channels. Other lower packages had AMC if you were grand fathered in or on some welcome packages.

Get the Roku, ask for HDMI cable, one time credit of $30-50, $5-10 credit for 6-12 months. Maybe even hbo.show.max for free for 3 -6 months.

We were actually planning to drop DISH and get a Roku instead. We get terrible reception on DISH, because line of sight is obstructed by the tops of trees on our property. DISH was installed during the winter when there were no leaves. During the summer, we live without 61.5, and 72 just went out. Sick of paying for what we're not getting. So, here's my question: Those of you who complained and received the free Roku, what's the tradeoff? Do they require you to agree to a new contract, or can you accept the Roku and still cut them loose?

Last edited:
We were actually planning to drop DISH and get a Roku instead. We get terrible reception on DISH, because line of sight is obstructed by the tops of trees on our property. DISH was installed during the winter when there were no leaves. During the summer, we live without 61.5, and 72 just went out. Sick of paying for what we're not getting. So, here's my question: Those of you who complained and received the free Roku, what's the tradeoff? Do they require you to agree to a new contract, or can you accept the Roku and still cut them loose?
No contract extension. Don't know if you have to return the Roku though. I've wondered about the later. Sound like you need to top some trees.

Contact dish, get your dish moved (higher, i.e. fold over tall antenna mount) to resolve line of site if possible. No contract extension required.

During the summer, we live without 61.5, and 72 just went out. Sick of paying for what we're not getting. So, here's my question: Those of you who complained and received the free Roku, what's the tradeoff? Do they require you to agree to a new contract, or can you accept the Roku and still cut them loose?

You're sick of paying for what you are not getting, sounds like because of inaction on your part? Why not get a tech out and see if there is a solution.
Accept the Roku, you mean as a lovely parting gift?

Don't know how many are baseball fans that have watched on roku, but picture quality is really nice

Totally off subject but a MLBtv app would be great on the hopper. Roku does the job though

ASK FOR RETENTION!
I mentioned my neighbor got a free ROKU from DISH. I got the roku then asked if it comes with a HDMI cable for my TV. He made a separate order. I then acted stupid then asked if I could get the credit for d/l the shows and got $35.

However wrong it may be, i did not subscribe to AMC and I said that I wanted the AMC channel yet they did not provide it. I said that I watched it on dvd and now I wanted it on my tv. I also said that I did not have a xbox or a ps3 and neither did I have a smart tv. And I got the box!!!

I wish I could report you to Dish in some way.....................

YOU are what's costing us good customers more money!!

You're sick of paying for what you are not getting, sounds like because of inaction on your part? Why not get a tech out and see if there is a solution.
Accept the Roku, you mean as a lovely parting gift?

I love how there's always some a**hole out there ready to jump in with being judgmental toward a person they don't know and a situation they don't understand. There is no solution. The tech installed by shooting the dish THROUGH trees with no leaves. That's THEIR mistake, dumb*ss. They won't make it right, and I won't cut the tops of my trees off to get TV reception. We've lived up to our 2-year contractual obligation, paying for channels we don't get, because they won't make it right. If I can get a $75 parting gift for the frustration, damn right I'll take it. So, shut the hell the up, d*ck fingers.

Contact dish, get your dish moved (higher, i.e. fold over tall antenna mount) to resolve line of site if possible. No contract extension required.

They've been out twice before trying to figure it out. The location the dish is in is the only location on our property where we get any signal at all. They won't do a pole or attach to a building, so we're stuck. This is not a new situation. I do appreciate the suggestion, though.

No contract extension. Don't know if you have to return the Roku though. I've wondered about the later. Sound like you need to top some trees.

Thanks. I'm assuming DISH is available to subscribers through the Roku? From previous postings, it sounds like we'd buy the Roku and then submit a receipt to receive a credit on our bill. That sounds like permanent ownership to me.

Thanks. I'm assuming DISH is available to subscribers through the Roku? From previous postings, it sounds like we'd buy the Roku and then submit a receipt to receive a credit on our bill. That sounds like permanent ownership to me.
You need to do a lot more reading (or read better) because you have everything backwards.

You need to do a lot more reading (or read better) because you have everything backwards.

Not helpful. Seems unlikely that I have EVERYTHING backwards, but it would be nice if you could clear things up for me. That's why I'm posting here, ya know? Asking folks who apparently know what's going on to let me in on it.

If you can't get your Dish subscription through Roku, then why are they giving Rokus away? Aren't Roku and Dish competitors of a sort? Or do they have some sort of partnership in the works?

I wonder what the ratio is of snarky comments to helpful comments on this board? Is it really 1/1, or is this just a touchy subject???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)