Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Did you get any FTA goodies for X-Mas?

Yes
No
Got money which will go to to that
I just buy stuff...don't need to be a holiday

Bought myself a laser level today at the big orange box, 25.00...gotta try and rig up a bracket of some kind to check the feed centering on the Birdview...

Other than that no new FTA stuff, I don't really NEED anything right now...a nice DVB-S2 standalone blind-scanning receiver would be nice, but I am going to have to depend on Santa for that....;)

Nobody sending me gifts has any idea about what I'm doing here, FTA-wise. Or any other-wise, for that matter ;). The technical goodies are out of pocket, whenever I feel the need/urge.

Yes.... my vote.

About a week ago I got me a Genpix Skywalker-1 card for my computer, thanks to starman345. I think it's a toy worth playing with. All FTA toys are Fun to play with! What can one say? When you're hooked, you're hooked.......

Edit: also got a DTVpal from the SatGuys Christmas Party. It's a great device, works flawlessly. Haven't figured out what I'm to do with it yet? I'm an HD junky and the only OTA I watch is in HD. If it's OTA and not HD, I don't bother with it anymore. I have 2 HDTV's in the house. I have some SD tv's I'm no longer using, but I do have one in the shop I might use it on? Don't really look at any OTA out there? Only time will tell, but I'll probably give it to a relative?

Edit: The reality is:
"I just buy stuff...don't need to be a holiday "

Last edited:
Gotta go with option 4, I just buy stuff as I need/want it... Some video-related gear and a couple of Blu-Ray discs came in the mail yesterday, so I guess that would count as a Christmas present as I placed them under the tree :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

I said no, but my wife got me a neat LED flashlight with tripod base... the legs of the tripod hold 3 batteries each and they are wired in parallel so you can run it with 3, 6, or 9 batteries... same voltage, just the charge lasts longer...

I got the Sonic Voom Headphones for decoding AC-3 Audio.
I hope it will work with my Traxis 3500 receiver.

hoho

Friday I got a new receiver to learn>Icon S550. Still figuring it out, but it seems to be wonderful. Fast blind-scanning, accurate on low SR stuff, and hasn't locked up on
HD or 4.2.2 feeds ! I started a review of it in the reviews section, will add more later on when I figure out all the quirks and tricks of it. Plus a couple of new lnbfs to replace old primestar lnbs. And a couple pair of new pants with big pockets to hold tools , connectors and stuff while I'm tinkering, lol.

Option 4. Got time off with the family, nothing could be a better gift.

My next purchase will be a learning remote, to reduce the growing pile to one. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

yes... but....

I said yes, but am willing to get stuff any time a bargain comes around. - :up

A friend who's on a holiday trip to see his sisters is going to pick up some dishes next week.
They're coming from an out-of-town member right here on the forum.
One is a DirecWay 39x23, and the other two are Hughes 35x21's.
And to carry on the holiday tradition, the two Hughes are going down the food chain as gifts. - :cool:
(the Transporter gets one, and the other goes to the following friend)

Even though it was a month ago, the other neat gift was a video/audio switch box.
I'd been griping about needing to feed an Svideo signal to both my TV and my DVD recorder.
My buddy brought to lunch, a new Radio Shack 4x2 Video switch.
It can select any of four inputs, either composite or Svideo, and has two live outputs which are both composite and Svideo.
So, even without the switching, it met my basic needs.

Turns out, I'd gotten the switch as a close-out about four years ago, and given it to him.
He'd never used it, so it was taking up space in his closet.
And so this year I got it back! - :eek:
Is this the source of the saying, "what goes around, comes around!" .. ? - :confused: - :D

I said no -- But maybe I got my Christmas present early in the form of those 10 Primestar dishes posted a lot earlier.
We did not even have a fire in the fireplace as it was removed, but the chimney is still there. When AMC4 and G19 were out this AM I checked the dish to see if santa had hit it, but there were no tracks on the roof and very little snow on the dish! G19 is ok now. Not even coal in my stocking!
Well, maybe getting GOD-TV on G19 just in time for Christmas might be a FTA present. I hope I get to keep it.

Happy Birthday, JESUS
POP

hi
wife got me a cool LED flashlight that goes around your head,i guess she gets tired of holding the light outside when i work on the motor .

Happy Birthdays

fizbi do they make a box that big? LOL
Hey Anole you'll be surprised at that direcway dish=put mine back up yesterday for fun, exact measurement you posted there. Been nearly 3yrs since I first tried tv with it, had forgotten how
good it worked.

My muffler clamps arrived Fedex, for my adapted version of a motor mount, for my new 1.2M motorized dish. I'll post a pic of the final product when I finally get all the parts outside on the pole. Might be Monday or Tuesday, kinda' depends on the amount of thaw we have.
We're scheduled for 50 degrees and rain all day saturday. It'll be interesting to see how much of a dent that makes in the snow cover.
Merry Christmas to ALL.
:)

hi
wife got me a cool LED flashlight that goes around your head
My wife got me one of those too. It'll be real handy when turning the dish in the dark!

Also got a Mercury II system a 2-3 weeks back that is considered a combination birthday-Christmas present. The birthday was a couple weeks ago.

I really don't need anything yet, or too new to know what i need LOL. I would like to compliment the very nice Christmas decor on the sight -- looks SUPER!......

I voted for the "got money" option only because when I do decide to buy an HD receiver (in the not too distance future) I can claim to the wife "I'm using my Xmas money!"

Option four "I just buy stuff...don't need to be a holiday " is usually what happens when I decide to expand my addiction.

Now, I did get a mini-chainsaw, which could be called FTA-related, except that any trees that could possibly affect my LOS are in my neighbours' yards, so, unfortunately, it won't get used in the pursuit of FTA and more LOS!

Spent about half of my Christmas gift fund on some awesome Blu-Ray deals after Christmas. The other half of the money will probably go toward some FTA supplies :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)