Did you get any FTA goodies for X-Mas?

Did you get any FTA goodies for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • got money that will go towards FTA goodies

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

yes
no
got money that will go towards FTA goodies

i bought my girlfreind (read myself) a solemend pvr 800 to play with and she bought me 2 rolls of coax, 10 dmx522 and 3 dmx242's. be nice to get my t-90 running and another BUD or 2 setup.

merry christmas satguys.

crackt out,.

I bought myself a long overdue present! With all the FTA programms and applications and links and what-not that I have been installing on my ACER laptop (notebook) I was continually running low on RAM memory and it kept trying to expand my virtual memory. It just wasn't enough and the darn thing was so slow.

So, I increased my RAM memory from 512MB to 2 GB. I ordered the RAM just Wednesday and received and installed it today, just in time for Christmas. I should have done this long ago, I knew I needed it. Thanks Santa! :)

RADAR

P.S. You can probably tell that it was needed, looking at my desktop.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 24 16.55.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 24 16.55.gif
    107.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
AcWxRadar said:
I bought myself a long overdue present! With all the FTA programms and applications and links and what-not that I have been installing on my ACER laptop (notebook) I was continually running low on RAM memory and it kept trying to expand my virtual memory. It just wasn't enough and the darn thing was so slow.

So, I increased my RAM memory from 512MB to 2 GB. I ordered the RAM just Wednesday and received and installed it today, just in time for Christmas. I should have done this long ago, I knew I needed it. Thanks Santa! :)

RADAR

P.S. You can probably tell that it was needed, looking at my desktop.

Dang! For the past 4 years I've been recommending everyone that asks me that they have minimum of 2GB and now with Windows 7 I'm recommending 4GB. I couldn't image how you survived this long with 512!!! Congrats man!

yes
no
got money that will go towards FTA goodies

I have the bucks but I don't see anything I really want. I guess I'm waiting for that receiver that does it all. But, I'd rather spend money on a new TV or BluRay that can do video streaming from Netflix, VUDU, or whatever. Obviously, I couldn't find the crowbar to get the wallet out.

Dang! For the past 4 years I've been recommending everyone that asks me that they have minimum of 2GB and now with Windows 7 I'm recommending 4GB. I couldn't image how you survived this long with 512!!! Congrats man!

You know it wasn't fun, I managed, though. I finally got to the point where I couldn't take it any longer and had to upgrade. The 2 GB memory was the max I coud find available for now for the ACER laptop. It does make a hell of a difference. Now the only downfall I have is my internet connection via Wild Blue satellite. Not much that I can do here as it is the best available to me. It beats dial up, but it certainly isn't DSL.

I have the lowest and slowest package available from WB right now. I tried the top of the line package last year for a month or two. For the money, it was not a substantial improvement, but I may retest this again.

RADAR

Nobody I know would have the slightest clue about buying me FTA stuff for Christmas. Aside from being out of most peeps x-mas budget. I know what I want and when I want it, and I'm not waiting for Christmas to get it. This is my hobby, the one thing I afford myself. I spend way to much money on it, but I don't regret it. ;)

Radar, with satellite it won't make a difference what speed package you choose, the speed you feel when browsing will always feel the same. The only difference with a higher package is download speeds once you start a download. I always tell people, if they aren't doing any downloading (which is severely clamped on satellite anyway) just pick one of the lower packages. 1meg or 5 megs won't feel any different for the average browsing. Approx 600-700 milliseconds latency round trip time on satellite always feels the same, no getting around that.

Let's see, I already have seven dishes up and being used, and three more on the ground, she MADE me buy the Openbox HD S9 receiver three weeks ago for the bedroom (where we do most of our TV watching), we were using an 8G stick for Timeshift and recording, so what WAS there I wanted or needed?

Well, she bought me a new HDD for recording. A Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex external 2.0 plug and play 2TB. We were in Las Vegas yesterday (Christmas Tradition, go for dinner then come back home) and we stopped into Frys.

Got it home and she MADE me open it last night, plugged it into the wall, then plugged in the 2.0 USB, and within seconds it recognized the USB drive.

And most important, IT WORKS. WOW !!! 2TB, days and days of recording available.

Oh, since I was there I know what it cost, can you believe only $119 plus tax?

Merry Christmas everyone.

Photto

No, I didn't. I have my eye on a C-band dish down the road about three miles. I need to talk to the guy and see if I could take it off his hands. Still trying to figure out which S-2 scanning box I want to get.

Let's see, I already have seven dishes up and being used, and three more on the ground, she MADE me buy the Openbox HD S9 receiver three weeks ago for the bedroom (where we do most of our TV watching), we were using an 8G stick for Timeshift and recording, so what WAS there I wanted or needed?

Well, she bought me a new HDD for recording. A Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex external 2.0 plug and play 2TB. We were in Las Vegas yesterday (Christmas Tradition, go for dinner then come back home) and we stopped into Frys.

Got it home and she MADE me open it last night, plugged it into the wall, then plugged in the 2.0 USB, and within seconds it recognized the USB drive.

And most important, IT WORKS. WOW !!! 2TB, days and days of recording available.

Oh, since I was there I know what it cost, can you believe only $119 plus tax?

Merry Christmas everyone.

Photto

best buy had a 2 tb door crasher for 99.99 on their boxing day flyer.

crackt out,.

cool.
Mainly cash for me. My mom got me (must be a gag gift) one of those portable electronic can openers. Also got a $50 Amazon gift card which combined with a $25 I had from last year I got a portable HD radio for the truck and some other items :)

But sadly I need to get a new garage door opener. Motor blew out of the one I had

I don't know yet as my family will be opening gifts and celebrating Christmas on Monday December 27th. :) Tomorrow night we are celebrating Christmas Eve and will open our stockings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)