Did you get any FTA stuff for Christmas?

Did you get anything FTA related for Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • No...but the "straight cash homey" I got will go towards FTA stuff

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I got a early Christmas FTA present

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
can I count...?

Can I count the 42" LCD TV I found at MicroCenter, the day after Xmas?
Syntax 542i.

Couldn't resist at $800, AR.
Actually, it was the one I had been shopping for, but I'd given up.
Thanks to getting stood up for lunch, I wandered through Fry's and then Microcenter, and fell over one of the last few they had.

It brought a good laugh from everyone when I opened one package and exclaimed, "Wow, a quad circular and linearly polarized low noise block amplifier! Honey, how did you know?"

Can I count the 42" LCD TV I found at MicroCenter, the day after Xmas?
Syntax 542i.

Couldn't resist at $800, AR.
Actually, it was the one I had been shopping for, but I'd given up.
Thanks to getting stood up for lunch, I wandered through Fry's and then Microcenter, and fell over one of the last few they had.

No, you cant count it, and since you did you must forfeit the tv to a responsible authority, namely me :D "drop the remote and step away from the tv...."

I actually got part of my Christmas a couple of months ago, and bought a brand new in the box US Electronics Legacy receiver (Drake 1524 private label).

PCB,

Did you get this receiver from that guy on eBay that also has those NextWave analog receivers guys were buying up awhile back..

How do you like it... Any problems with it..

Hey BK,

Yes I did.

It was missing the remote when I got it, but I notified them and they sent me a new one separately.

It worked perfectly right out of the box once I got the remote.

I paid under $20.00 plus the shipping of $16.00 for it.

I have always liked the Drake receivers because they have a button on the remote to throw it into KU mode. Then just step through the channels.

If he runs the receivers again, I might buy another one just to have an extra. :D

Fred

It brought a good laugh from everyone when I opened one package and exclaimed,
"Wow, a quad circular and linearly polarized low noise block amplifier! Honey, how did you know?"
Which you no doubt bought for yourself, but by giving credit to the wife, she couldn't hardly bitch about it.
Good work!

No, you cant count it, and since you did you must forfeit the tv to a responsible authority, namely me :D
"drop the remote and step away from the tv...."
Damn, the big guys get to have all the fun! :)

...and make that $799... :cool:

not this year

Sorry, I lied sort of. There was a Quali-TV receiver for $225 bucks on Ebay this morning from Belgium. I bought that to have a spare. Since my birthday is closer than Xmas right now, it's for my birthday. :)

Sorry, I lied sort of. There was a Quali-TV receiver for $225 bucks on Ebay this morning from Belgium. I bought that to have a spare. Since my birthday is closer than Xmas right now, it's for my birthday. :)
Nice find Mike, maybe it will have some of the upgrades installed and not be quite so quirky. You might even decide to use it as your main HD host. If it has got some upgrades, you can let us other user's know if we should try the upgrades.

Al

Nice find Mike, maybe it will have some of the upgrades installed and not be quite so quirky. You might even decide to use it as your main HD host. If it has got some upgrades, you can let us other user's know if we should try the upgrades.

Al

I plan on putting it on a non-HD TV. Only have 1 of those. I'm booting Dish Network out since I lost my distant locals. I'll put a DirecTV receiver on the TV that had Dish. I still haven't received the receiver, but one just sold from Germany for 35 euro's this morning California time. 4am something. If you are looking for a receiver that does 4:2:2 and HD before the supply runs out then EBay may be a good option?

No, No FTA stuff for Christmas, but I asked for it. I will buy more in the end.

Al

Receiver came today and I made it the main one. It's brand new. The time difference between Belgium and here wasn't too difficult. I put G11 on the old one and hooked it up to TV 6. All the dishes going to the main Quali receiver now. The software in loader and all those things looks the same at 3.14. How can I tell if the software is different?

The main difference I can tell is it came with a European plug instead of the one we use. I had to go down to Radio Shack and buy a new one. The remote reads Euro1080 European HDTV Channel instead of Quali-TV.

2 more receivers just ended this week on EBAY. One today and one yesterday. The one today sold for $185.05 American + shipping. Yesterday's sold for $261.07 plus shipping. I highly recommend this for anyone interested in 422 feeds. Most HD feeds apparently have Dolby E sound now which this receiver won't help.

I can't see that for some reason here at lunch at work, but there are 2 I just did see from overseas on EBAY right now. Quali-TV as my look and checkmark worldwide and you should see 2 for sale. One has 3 days left and another more than that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)