Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If you have an HR-20 you can unplug it (and even unhook it from the satellite connections) and then move it someplace else and power it up and watch your recorded shows without the need of a satellite signal?

Really cool stuff! I wish I would have known that this weekend!

This has been confirmed on the HR20-700 with the latest Living on Edge Release, HR20-700 {CE:08:03} 0x18a. I did this with my HR10-250 when I moved it into another room but wanted to watch old recorded stuff. This is good news despite it not being an official feature.

Lets hope they keep it in there. If they do I will be recording a bunch more stuff off of DirecTV instead of on my Dish Network receiver.

I heard from Earl, that if you press 0 U 8 1 2 on your remote the VOD will launch.

Unfortunately I have not found the U button yet on my remote. :D :D

This is good news. Don't know that I will ever have a need for it, but if I do I know.

What's the big deal with this. I've been able to do that on my 522 and 625 for years now. I've taken my 522 to a friends house and watched stuff off the Hard Drive and that was two years ago.

What's the big deal with this. I've been able to do that on my 522 and 625 for years now. I've taken my 522 to a friends house and watched stuff off the Hard Drive and that was two years ago.

This is your first post?? Dish guy comes in Directv forum and brags about non HD DVR's. Ok. Thanks for playing. This was only brought up since it didnt allow before and is a big deal to some folks.

This was added in a CE release several months ago. At the time the logic discussed was if you reboot due to power outage and have rain so you can't get signal you should still be able to watch TV. Also applies with switch / lnb failures, etc.

The ability to travel the receiver and watch was not what was intended, but will work for a period of time (days not weeks).

Usefull feature. If I remember right no other D* DVRs do this?

The HR10-250 does. I disconnected mine a few months ago but had all the Sopranos on it. I had it off for about 2 months before I finally cleared everything off.

Yea, it was added in a CE quite some time ago but it never really worked correctly. Sounds like perhaps they tried again in the latest and got it going. Good show.

Just for background, most of the DirecTivo's that I am aware of will allow you to watch recorded stuff without a sat signal. But out of the box the HR20 did not. It became a big deal because of simple things like rain fade would cause you not to be able to watch a recorded show because of no active sat signal. Stupid yes. But DirecTV responded and tried to fix that so you could at least watch recorded shows without an active sat signal. Hopefully they got it fixed for good this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts