Did you lose Satellite?

I just checked outside and nothing has changed. Both dishes are still up on the roof but I do not have any signal on both services.

have signal but no quality

I do not know what happened..no Echostar in Louisiana...starting jan 9 and 10.
I believe this is a dish network sat. I have no quality and full signal. Does anyone know what happened?

Well after brainstorming last night I found out what happened. I have power inserters for both E* and D* connected to the same electrical plug. The electrical plug stopped working and this the reason both satellites were off. I haven't figured out why the plug is not working anymore. My electrical switch box did not show any short circuit but it looks like I will have to hire an electrician to figure this one out. Specially since this electrical line is not older than 2 years. Thanks to all who responded. One reason I did not get back to respond was because I had to turn everything off becasue I was testing the electrical switches. I almost finished at 1am and had to go to sleep. Thanks again.

Often, when I mysteriously lose a plug it turns out to be a GFCI that tripped somewhere up the line (good chance if you're in a gararge or crawl space).

Check all the GFCI plugs (in the bathrooms)....

(Is new construction requiring more GFCIs?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts