Diferent lnb

PEDROJOSE

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
san juan
Im in Puerto Rico and have 1 dish at 119 1 at 110 and 1 at 61.5 for hd , now transponder 19 and 21 are weak, very weak now i ask is there another kind (brand)of lnb that is more sensitive and help me get more signal?

Some manufacturers claim to produce LNBs that give greater signal gain, maybe invacom or something like that. Do a search. If anyone knows for sure how much they help, please post.

The lnb would have to be manufactured for Dish Network, any other types will not work.

Not really.....

All DirecTV single and dual lnb's used in the Phase I dish are compatible with Dish Legacy lnb's and switches.

The best ones are made by Sharp. They made the original RCA, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony lnb's, as well as a lot of Dish Legacy ones.

You can identify them by the Made in Japan label and the flange on the "F" connector socket fastened to the body of the lnb with two small Phillips screws.

I am currently using a 322 with two salvaged "Sharp" dual DirecTV lnb's. It is hooked up to a Dish500 bracket, two sw21's and a DirecTV Phase III dish pan (also, all salvaged).

One of the lnb's came from a DirecTV dish with a degraded cover exposed to the elements for about a year. The other came from an old Phase II dish that was over 5 years old. I have attached a picture of the first lnb, before removal and my current dish.

I replaced the broken cover on the "eye" with one from an old single lnb, also made by Sharp. The grey covers on both have been removed.

The dish has been in place for two years, now. It has been flawless.

DirecTV Phase I dual lnb's go for almost nothing on eBay and are many times thrown away in the trash.

All DishPro receiver's work with legacy lnb's. The heaftier power supplys with DishPro receivers last longer with legacy's. since legacy's do not draw as much power. Not drawing as much power, the lnb runs cooler.

Attachments

• Carl2.jpg
    Carl2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Dish500_PhaseIII.jpg
    Dish500_PhaseIII.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 113
True, but legacy equipment (especially the switches) are getting harder to find while still being fairly expensive. When used with more than four tuners (not just receivers), they cannot be cascaded together and more dishes have to be mounted to get the same number of tuners that Dish Pro Plus can do. Not to mention the number of coax runs which would have to be made.

He's in Puerto Rico. He has three separate dishes.

He's either has an sw64 or a DP34.

He has to make the same number of cable runs, anyway.

DP duals or singles are EXPENSIVE.

He could use three legacy duals, sw21's and sw21x's. That's cheap.

True, but legacy equipment (especially the switches) are getting harder to find while still being fairly expensive. When used with more than four tuners (not just receivers), they cannot be cascaded together and more dishes have to be mounted to get the same number of tuners that Dish Pro Plus can do. Not to mention the number of coax runs which would have to be made.

Not true. I will agree that they cannot be trunked like a DP 34 or DPP44 switch, but they can be cascaded and you can run pretty much as many tuners off one dish as you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)