Difference between 722 and 722k?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
I called dish, and upgraded to a 722k. They sent a 722 instead. Are there any differences? Should i send it back? Im going to get the sling adapter, and i want to be able watch content from my ehd with it. Any differences with the on demand?

The K is different. The remotes are different and will store the timers on them. The K comes w/o the OTA. You have to purchase a module for that but it will record 2 OTA's at the same time. This makes it possible to record 4 things at one time.

whatchel1 said:
The K is different. The remotes are different and will store the timers on them. The K comes w/o the OTA. You have to purchase a module for that but it will record 2 OTA's at the same time. This makes it possible to record 4 things at one time.

Ota is a non issue for me. Any other major differences?

I have been very happy with my non-k except for one little gotcha. I can't tune in OTA channels from TV2, even when the tuner is not being used.

And BTW my 722 runs my Sling Adapter just fine. Plus it gives you a workaround to the missing feature above. You just start up an OTA recording, and then play back the recording via Sling Adapter with a few seconds delay. Annoying workaround, but it works.

I have been very happy with my non-k except for one little gotcha. I can't tune in OTA channels from TV2, even when the tuner is not being used.

And BTW my 722 runs my Sling Adapter just fine. Plus it gives you a workaround to the missing feature above. You just start up an OTA recording, and then play back the recording via Sling Adapter with a few seconds delay. Annoying workaround, but it works.
You don't even need the Sling Adapter to view the OTA on TV2...after starting your OTA recording, just watch it from the DVR (chase play) from TV2 via the distribution coax. (SD only) ;)

The only thing that wasn't intuitive to me was setting Dish Pass timers. If you set the timer to search all channels while on TV2, it won't search OTA channels. You have to set the timer from TV1.

I think that the 722K remotes are way better with the timer backups, learning ability, plus they look better :) .

You don't even need the Sling Adapter to view the OTA on TV2...after starting your OTA recording, just watch it from the DVR (chase play) from TV2 via the distribution coax... You have to set the timer from TV1.

Was I unclear? :( You can watch OTA recordings from TV2, either directly or via Sling Adapter. You can also start a recording using DO/DRA (with or without a Sling Adapter). You cannot view an OTA channel, or start a recording of an OTA channel, or even view the guide with OTA channels, using the TV2 outputs.

I just find this missing feature annoying as heck, and I don't swallow the excuses for it's absense. Not that you are making any, but I've heard them from others.

This problem doesn't exist on the 722k w/OTA module, because the OTA module has two OTA tuners.

I assume you mean composite, not component. S-vid is slightly better than composite. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)