Different LNB on neighbor's house

scottlaird

Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
When did E start using LNB's that look like D's? My neighbor has upgraded to HD recentley and has a Dish 1000 with a 3 lense LNB. They are seperate. I have one larger 2 lense and a smaller 1 lense.

I was told by *E technician that they are required to do that now by *E. I have a 1000 system and was having problems and the tech removed by DPP Twin lnb that was used for 119 and 110 and replaced it with two single lnb's. I also have a DPP44 switch going to 4 receivers. He said the built in switch of the Twin sometimes interferred with the DPP44. Don't know if it is true but that is what I was told. It solved my issue.

Your neighbor has a dish 1000.2 with the integrated lnb. They are exactly the same they just dont have the cover over the lnb like previous models. This has been out for well over a year now.

And yes Chindman DPP twins do strange things with DPP44s but that is a seperate issue. A DP twin would be fine as well but DPP twins do not work well.

Last edited:
Your neighbor has a D1000+ and you have a D1000. I think the 1000+ has been around for about a year.

Boy I must have been really tired this morning. I meant 1000.2 not 1000+. The 1000+ has the dual head for 118.7 and 119. Sorry for the confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)