Different Sports Phrases, terms, and -ism's used on this board

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
On The506, there is a thread about certain -isms or phrases commonly used on there.

I want to try the same thing on here.

There are some phrases or -isms used by some members on this board to describe certain people or teams in sports, and I'm interested in how many different ones there are.

I'll start with some examples, and you guys can contribute:

Fat Tub of Goo- Salsa's nickname for former Raiders defensice coordinator Rob Ryan

RAC- HD sometimes would use that when mentioning former Browns coach Romeo A. Crennel.

Goalie 2021- SandraC's nickname for Islanders goalie Rick Dipietro.

Big Least, Leastleftovers- SamC's pet name for the Big East Conference.

Weak-Armed Wimp- I use that to describe QB's that aren't known for being the greatest throwers (i.e. Trent Edwards, Kyle Orton)

Big Least, Leastleftovers- SamC's pet name for the Big East Conference.

Just to detail this.

First there was the Lambert Least. The lose collection of eastern non-conference teams dominated by Penn State. Penn State went undefeated three times in that woeful collection of teams, and, under the system of that day, was passed over for the "national championship" by teams in better leagues. The only man with class in eastern football, JoPa, simply upgraded his schedule and finally won one. Then he moved up to the Big 10.

At the same time the two best southern independents, FSU and USC, moved up to the ACC and SEC, respectivaly. Two southern independents joined the shellshocked remnant of eastern football to form the Big Least.

Then came the BcS crime.

Then, by sworn court papers, we know that every legitimate eastern team, save WVU, applied to move up to the ACC. Boston, VPI, and Miami were selected to this level.

Leaving the Leastleftovers. A woeful motly and worthless collection fo thrice passed over unwanted teams, where WVU has 10 times the resources of the other teams and it is falilure for it not to win every game. Teams that a leftover. Unwanted. A joke league by virtue of the broken BcS system that equates what happens there to what happens in legit leagues.

Yinzer- Derogatory name to describe a Pittsburghian.

The Bottle- A nickname for Kyle Orton, in reference to many drunken photos of him on the internet.

Mankok- Cleveland Browns HC (Eric Mangini) + Browns GM (George Kokinis)

Jammies- Browns owner Randy Lerner, in reference to him once telling a story on how he wore Browns pajamas as a kid.

RatBird- The Baltimore Ravens logo looks like the result of a rat and bird mating.

Yinzer- Derogatory name to describe a Pittsburghian.

The Bottle- A nickname for Kyle Orton, in reference to many drunken photos of him on the internet.

Mankok- Cleveland Browns HC (Eric Mangini) + Browns GM (George Kokinis)

Jammies- Browns owner Randy Lerner, in reference to him once telling a story on how he wore Browns pajamas as a kid.

RatBird- The Baltimore Ravens logo looks like the result of a rat and bird mating.

I don't think this is what Sabres had in mind...he was talking about phrases that are actually used in this forum. Pretty sure I would remember Mankok...;)

I must say, when you picture Eric Mangini...that's not what comes to mind!!! :D

Sandra

I don't think this is what Sabres had in mind...he was talking about phrases that are actually used in this forum. Pretty sure I would remember Mankok...;)

I must say, when you picture Eric Mangini...that's not what comes to mind!!! :D

Sandra

I've mentioned all of those nicknames at least once before on this forum. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)