Different Sports Phrases, terms, and -ism's used on this board

"That evil school from the South." - P. Wozniak's reference to tOSU. Being from the true South, for a second or two I have to think about what he means everytime I see it. :D

Fat Tub of Goo- Salsa's nickname for former Raiders defensice coordinator Rob Ryan

With all due respect to Salsa, David Letterman has used this term for years, including calling Rush Limbaugh that to his face the only time he was a guest on Late Night!!!...I thought I was going to have a heart attack I laughed so hard, because it is so true!!!...:D

BTW, Sabres, it is spelled defensive, at least in the real world outside of your basement!!!...;)

With all due respect to Salsa, David Letterman has used this term for years, including calling Rush Limbaugh that to his face the only time he was a guest on Late Night!!!...I thought I was going to have a heart attack I laughed so hard, because it is so true!!!...:D
If you mean true like your quote, I agree. In the spirit of Sen. Joe Wilson, "You lie!" Letterman never said that to Limbaugh, or even said it about him. Letterman did call the Braves' Terry Forster that in 1985. Maybe you're confusing one with the other. That or your obvious dislike of Limbaugh is making you delusional. :D

BTW, Sabres, it is spelled defensive, at least in the real world outside of your basement!!!...;)
After reading your remark above, you don't seem to have much of a grasp on the "real world" yourself. Sabres doesn't make crap up. ;)

Last edited:

Where do you I got the name??!! LMAO!

Oh I forgot ANOTHER term I use for Rob Ryan....but I have been using it more for Notre Dame coach Weis.... "Have-another-donut"

If you mean true like your quote, I agree. In the spirit of Sen. Joe Wilson, "You lie!" Letterman never said that to Limbaugh, or even said it about him. Letterman did call the Braves' Terry Forster that in 1985. Maybe you're confusing one with the other. That or your obvious dislike of Limbaugh is making you delusional. :D

After reading your remark above, you don't seem to have much of a grasp on the "real world" yourself. Sabres doesn't make crap up. ;)

I'm sorry! I stand corrected!!!...After a little research, (which I should have done before, but I thought my original quote was correct), the term Letterman used to his face was "bag of hot gas", which is also true, and you are also correct in my dislike of Limbaugh!!!...

But Letterman has used the term "fat tub of goo" many times, including several "Top Ten Lists", and other bits.

And you obviosly didn't see the ;) at the end of my post. Sabres is a big boy... he can defend himself...mind your own beeswax!!!...;)

... the term Letterman used to his face was "bag of hot gas", which is also true...
From Limbaugh's appearance on Letterman, December 17, 1993:

LETTERMAN: Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and just think to yourself, "I am just full of hot gas?" Do you know what I mean? And of course --
(Audience cheers and applauds)
LIMBAUGH: Dave, let me tell you something.
LETTERMAN: No, I mean that, of course -- but you know what I'm saying. Do you ever think, "I'm just fooling people"?

http://www.geocities.com/davidletterman82/RushLimbaugh1993Transcript.html

Not quite the way you're trying to make it sound is it?

... Sabres is a big boy... he can defend himself...mind your own beeswax!!!...;)
You should do that as well. ;)

Last edited:
It seems that Boomer's taken some shots at me ober the years.

Ever since I made a few negative comments about the Colts, I think he's held that against me.

It seems that Boomer's taken some shots at me ober the years.

Ever since I made a few negative comments about the Colts, I think he's held that against me.

You couldn't be more wrong, if you tried!!!...:rolleyes:

It isn't because what you say about the Colts...as I've said before, I could care less what you think of them!!!...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)