Difficult Instal Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gold23

Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
I moved into my home several years back. Large backyard with a slight grade up (and to the west/southwest), with a few trees causing issues getting a signal off the roof. I know there are areas of the garage or the back yard where I can run the wires and grab a very good signal, but I chose not to do it (wife) at the time. Now? I can't stand paying the $ every month for terrible cable service, and need to go back to Directv.

Anyway....my question is this. It is certainly not a standard install- I'll need some experience and expertise to install my system. Any suggestions on how to find the right fit for the job?

Thanks.

look in the yellow pages under Satellite/Antenna Services and have some come out and quote you. Also set an appointment for a D* installer to come out, he just may surprise you on what you need done.

yea true.. what do you consider difficult? How far is the dish location from the entry point/meter box? How do you know you have los? has it been sighted by a tech before or are you assuming a spot would work? How far away is the furthest receiver from the entry point/meter box/access panel?

I don't do installs, but i'm sure many would hate to dig a trench to run wire, when there is a foot of snow on the ground...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts