Difficulty with DVB-S2 8PSK reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

migold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Pearisburg, Virginia
I have good reception of DVB-S across the arc from 125 W to 72 W. I receive the PBS HD on 125 W with no problem. I have 90 CM GeoSatPro Dish on DG380, 0.3 db LNBF, Pansat 9200HD. I purchased the Pansat used and it came with 8PSK module, I think is the Illuminati model. I have not been able to set up and receive any DVB-S2 signal. The options are available in the Pansat menu, but I obtain no results. I have been trying to get the NBC HD on 103W AMC 1 11880 H 30000.
So my questions are:
Is my system insufficient, such as dish size too small? I will eventually upgrade to 1.2 meter.
Is the 8PSK module defective or insufficient? If it is not usable, I will consider upgrade to Pansat DVB-S2 PLUS module. However, I may get the AZBOX at the end of the year and use the Pansat as a second room receiver.
I would like to get as much as I can out of the system that I have.
Thanks,

The S2 Plus board for it works well and is fairly cheap, with it you can get it all except for 4:2:2 (which the AZBOX gets). Nice upgrade till you add your AZBOX for the other TV.

103W Ku (AMC 1) has an oddball skew, 26 degrees or so out. There are many posts detailing this issue.

I have good reception of DVB-S across the arc from 125 W to 72 W. I receive the PBS HD on 125 W with no problem. I have 90 CM GeoSatPro Dish on DG380, 0.3 db LNBF, Pansat 9200HD. I purchased the Pansat used and it came with 8PSK module, I think is the Illuminati model. I have not been able to set up and receive any DVB-S2 signal. The options are available in the Pansat menu, but I obtain no results. I have been trying to get the NBC HD on 103W AMC 1 11880 H 30000.
So my questions are:
Is my system insufficient, such as dish size too small? I will eventually upgrade to 1.2 meter.
Is the 8PSK module defective or insufficient? If it is not usable, I will consider upgrade to Pansat DVB-S2 PLUS module. However, I may get the AZBOX at the end of the year and use the Pansat as a second room receiver.
I would like to get as much as I can out of the system that I have.
Thanks,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts