Digicipher II feeds of PBS on AMC3..AC3 audio?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
For those of you with 4DTV setups or those with DCII receivers.

Are the PBS stations on AMC3 that are DCII have audio or is it AC3 output like the DVB ones?

I'm talking about these
11984 V 19510 Georgia PBS
12072 H 14630 Louisiana PBS
12096 V 19510 PBS feeds

Iceberg said:
For those of you with 4DTV setups or those with DCII receivers.

Are the PBS stations on AMC3 that are DCII have audio or is it AC3 output like the DVB ones?

All DCII signals use AC3 audio.

no they all don't

I have StarChoice and they have an OPTION for AC-3 but the audio still runs through my regular A/V cords.

So if I have a DCII receiver (coming soon), I should be able to attempt to get them?

That's because the receiver downmixes the ac3 audio to two channels. The raw dc2 feeds all use ac3 audio.

mkm4 said:
That's because the receiver downmixes the ac3 audio to two channels. The raw dc2 feeds all use ac3 audio.

Only a handful of these channels use 5.1 surround though. AC3 2.0 is the norm. There's nothing to "downmix".

The reason I asked was the DVB channels that are AC3 you need a special reciever that can decode it...I didnt know if DCII was the same

Iceberg

Let me know how you make out with the DSR-410. I borrowed one from work a few months ago and tried several suggestions people had to tune it in but I just couldn't make it work.

I am interested to see if you can. The place where I work literally has about 150 of these units collecting dust.

Wholeshoe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts