Digital AM radio recommendations under 100$

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

freeisforme

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2017
south jersey
My apology if this is the wrong forum. Suggestion on a digital AM/fm radio or LARGE number display am/fm radio with good AM reception and sound? Its for my neighbors dad 65+ in age. listens to talk radio. He liked my ccrane Solar Observer size and sound but not the analogy display. Also showed him a sangean PR-D5, but he didn't like the tinny sound compared to the ccrane. He will go room to room and outside so portable would be plus. Any suggestion? Thanks.

radiojayallen (look for the AM portables shootout). Dozens of critical reviews with an emphasis on talk radio.

You can't go too far wrong with Sangean. The WR-2 is awfully close to what you describe in a tabletop model. The first things to be sacrificed (often brutally) with portables are the display and speaker sizes.

For myself, I recently went with an Internet radio as my local AM stations are feebly powered (even with line-of-sight). Tens of thousands of stations covering a wide variety of genres.

Reactions: freeisforme
radiojayallen (look for the AM portables shootout). Dozens of critical reviews with an emphasis on talk radio.

You can't go too far wrong with Sangean. The WR-2 is awfully close to what you describe in a tabletop model. The first things to be sacrificed (often brutally) with portables are the display and speaker sizes.

For myself, I recently went with an Internet radio as my local AM stations are feebly powered (even with line-of-sight). Tens of thousands of stations covering a wide variety of genres.
Thanks Harness recommendation and web sight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)