Digital Audio receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Which non-HDTV directv receivers have a Coaxial digital audio output and which have an optical digital audio output?

I cant think of any with the coaxial digital output, i have a sony hd300 , 2 sammy160's and an rca dtc100 that just wont die. all have digital optical

The Directivos also have optical out.

I can't think of any receiver, satellite or cable, that has coax digital out. My Sony DVD player has coax digital out.

I found out that the RCA DRD486 has Coaxial along with Optical. I hope Coaxial quality will be as good as Optical because my optical jacks on my Stereo receiver are maxed out so i'd have to use the coaxial.

their is a digital optical output splitter on the market that sells for under 10 bucks that will solve your problem, if you need help finding it or need one i will send it to you for just the shipping, you can have this as i no longer need it

Steve,

That's real nice of you. Maybe you could tell me what I should do. I have a Stereo Receiver which has 2 Optical inputs (1 for "DVD" and 1 for "TV/SAT"). The Stereo Receiver also has 1 Coaxial input for "DVD"

Right now, the "DVD" optical input is occupied by the optical cable from my DVD Recorder and the "TV/SAT" optical is occupied by the optical cable from my Playstation2. The Coaxial "DVD" input in my stereo receiver is empty. I was planning on connecting the new DirecTV receiver which I'm about to purchase (RCA DRD486)'to my stereo receiver into that empty "DVD" coaxial input.

My question is, if i do this, will i have any complications since I already have the "DVD" connected with Optical cable? I am guessing as long as I don't have both components turned on, I will be fine? Or will there be some kind of audio interference? Or is leaving one componenet off a necessity at all?

Or should I go with the Optical splitter which you are offering? By the way will that give me better quality audio than if i go the coaxial route?

xtc said:
Steve,

My question is, if i do this, will i have any complications since I already have the "DVD" connected with Optical cable? I am guessing as long as I don't have both components turned on, I will be fine? Or will there be some kind of audio interference? Or is leaving one componenet off a necessity at all?

The digital/optical input will take precedence. So if you want to hear the coaxial input, you need to turn off the optical input. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts