Digital Audio receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xtc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Which non-HDTV directv receivers have a Coaxial digital audio output and which have an optical digital audio output?

I cant think of any with the coaxial digital output, i have a sony hd300 , 2 sammy160's and an rca dtc100 that just wont die. all have digital optical

The Directivos also have optical out.

I can't think of any receiver, satellite or cable, that has coax digital out. My Sony DVD player has coax digital out.

I found out that the RCA DRD486 has Coaxial along with Optical. I hope Coaxial quality will be as good as Optical because my optical jacks on my Stereo receiver are maxed out so i'd have to use the coaxial.

their is a digital optical output splitter on the market that sells for under 10 bucks that will solve your problem, if you need help finding it or need one i will send it to you for just the shipping, you can have this as i no longer need it

Steve,

That's real nice of you. Maybe you could tell me what I should do. I have a Stereo Receiver which has 2 Optical inputs (1 for "DVD" and 1 for "TV/SAT"). The Stereo Receiver also has 1 Coaxial input for "DVD"

Right now, the "DVD" optical input is occupied by the optical cable from my DVD Recorder and the "TV/SAT" optical is occupied by the optical cable from my Playstation2. The Coaxial "DVD" input in my stereo receiver is empty. I was planning on connecting the new DirecTV receiver which I'm about to purchase (RCA DRD486)'to my stereo receiver into that empty "DVD" coaxial input.

My question is, if i do this, will i have any complications since I already have the "DVD" connected with Optical cable? I am guessing as long as I don't have both components turned on, I will be fine? Or will there be some kind of audio interference? Or is leaving one componenet off a necessity at all?

Or should I go with the Optical splitter which you are offering? By the way will that give me better quality audio than if i go the coaxial route?

xtc said:
Steve,

My question is, if i do this, will i have any complications since I already have the "DVD" connected with Optical cable? I am guessing as long as I don't have both components turned on, I will be fine? Or will there be some kind of audio interference? Or is leaving one componenet off a necessity at all?

The digital/optical input will take precedence. So if you want to hear the coaxial input, you need to turn off the optical input. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts