Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the x2 m1hd+, only bought it because the receiver that came with the ku setup i bought didnt do ac3, and i needed something to get both the c-band and the ku going. It seems ok, but man it gets hot. Now on to the decades, movies and H&I, I did tune them in (have to manually move to vertical) and the channels came in clear but the audio was out of sync on sunday. If i get time this evening ill tune it in again and see if i am still receiving them and if the audio is out of sync. Could be an issue with this box. Ill report what i find out when i get back in this evening.

I lost them yesterday, too. The A3 keeps bouncing around wildly on the Q. We lost our OTA for MeTv and H&I, so I may have to break down get a new receiver to get these back. I have also had issues with KRBK over on 99, doing very similar on the Q.

I lost them yesterday, too. The A3 keeps bouncing around wildly on the Q. We lost our OTA for MeTv and H&I, so I may have to break down get a new receiver to get these back. I have also had issues with KRBK over on 99, doing very similar on the Q.
This is what i experienced this evening on my x2 m1hd+, lots of bouncing around with the quality. I did plug my meter into the dish though and entered the TP and symbol rate and it locked solid at 89% with my meter and 14.6 Db. So im going to assume it must be an issue with the x2. everything else seems to be working ok but I didnt spend a lot of time looking around as i was ready to come home. I already know ill be getting a better box, but for 40 bucks it was the right price at the right time for the x2. Its done ok, but if it cant lock these channels it makes it a backup for if there is ever an issue with whatever i decide to get. Titanium suggested the linkbox 9000i local to me and im pretty sure this is the box ill wind up purchasing, though i been kinda watching the thread about the wetek 4k box too. hope this info helps.

Shicks4 in another thread I mentioned the heat problem with those X2 boxes. Walmart has a 10-11dollar laptop cooler that will keep that little rec working better. I have one of them also, works well for about 45min then it starts doing really crazy things-it just gets too hot without a fan on it or laptop cooler. Don't know about your cband dish, but you need a 10' or so for good reliable reception on those narrow signals on 101. I have a 7.5'dish on that satellite, and the audio goes out of sync on it most of the time also, but is fine when using my 10' dish. Good luck.

Shicks4 in another thread I mentioned the heat problem with those X2 boxes. Walmart has a 10-11dollar laptop cooler that will keep that little rec working better. I have one of them also, works well for about 45min then it starts doing really crazy things-it just gets too hot without a fan on it or laptop cooler. Don't know about your cband dish, but you need a 10' or so for good reliable reception on those narrow signals on 101. I have a 7.5'dish on that satellite, and the audio goes out of sync on it most of the time also, but is fine when using my 10' dish. Good luck.
Im using a unimesh 10' dish. I think i have read your post about using a usb fan on the receiver and have done so as well just because i didnt like how hot the receiver got. my setup is at my shop where i have my business because i have no place at my house to actually set one up, too many trees. I do have another receiver i might test the quality on but it doesnt decode ac3 audio. Ill be the first to admit im very new at this, and i may well yet need to do some more tweeking to the dish but i think it may be the receiver because the quality doesnt fluctuate on the meter like it does on the receiver, maybe 1 or 2 percent on the meter. good to know that at least on your end it is working on this mux. I doubt ill have time to goof around with this again until sunday but ill do some more playing around.

Hey shicks4 I didn't word my message exactly clearly>I lost those channels too, even on the big dish. I checked after I posted that message late, and none of them would work for me. I still got Me-tv though, and I guess the movies channel is still on 99west but I haven't looked at it today to be certain. Things tend to come and go on fta, lol, just when you start liking them!

Hey shicks4 I didn't word my message exactly clearly>I lost those channels too, even on the big dish. I checked after I posted that message late, and none of them would work for me. I still got Me-tv though, and I guess the movies channel is still on 99west but I haven't looked at it today to be certain. Things tend to come and go on fta, lol, just when you start liking them!
I think ill still mess around with my setup a little bit anyway today, as i was showing some stuff to my father in law and i noticed that my quality on the end of the arc wasnt near as good as it was initially. I probably tweeked the declination a little bit too much and the azimuth not enough but its worth messing with a little bit. I did purchase a digital level yesterday and i want to try it out vs. my iphone app plus its magnetic freeing up one hand.

So i went out and tweeked on my setup, and i was able to get these channels to come in but very choppy with the x2 m1hd+, so just for fun i hooked up my sathawk pro. Now it didnt give me any audio, but it locked the picture in with pretty good quality and didnt drop or pixelate so im guessing a large problem for my reception is the x2 box. The sathawk box also locks in the tp on 97w better then the x2 box does also and it does give me audio on those as well. So the x2 will wind up being my backup box i think but first im going to order an asc1 so that i have a more automated experience.

Movies, H&I and Decades are once again working perfectly on my Geosat pro MicroHD receiver, for the last three days.

It is nice not having to switch back and forth between my Micro HD and the Freesat V7 to watch my favorite channels.. The above, and the Grit, Laff etc
Mux on 97W

Plus the GDMX feeds on 99 and 97 are also coming in fine on the Micro HD after months of them only being watchable for me on the Freesat.

Still no ME for me on either 99 or 101 though, nor the PR Mux on 99.

Weird.

Hi Gulcher,

H&I, Decades and the Movies channel came back for me late last week, with a signal strength of 61-66.
Like you I'm not receiving the PR mux on 99W and the Me TV feeds on 101W, as of this morning.

John

Those are actually some of the stronger signals on this satellite for me. METV is always lower signal than these here. If I tune for METV the others will drop in signal, so I leave it this way. Watching now NP

These channels have been an issue for a while. Seems a lot of the issue has to do with several things and a major one being the chipsets in the receivers being one of the major contributors. If I had my way id put up a 20' dish and invent a FTA receiver that would scan in all FTA signals including 4K and 4.2.2 but im not independently wealthy and frankly arent smart enough to know how to design a receiver that would do all those things. So instead to live with what i can get and hope a better receiver comes a long and that a 12' - 16' dish appears in someones yard that i can liberate some day.

I gotta be honest I haven't tried in a while since i did an update on my v7 and forgot how to reset the video display. My x2 hd m1+ has only brought these in intermittently, and after a wile the audio loses sync. Also the c-band dish isnt at my house its at my place of business so its usually late nights or weekends that i even mess with it. Lately since the 97w mux went away i adjusted my actuator so that i could pick up 55.5w and been messing around twards the eastern end of the arc.

Getting them here on the East coast on a 10' dish, C2WPLL with a redacted receiver.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.