Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not working at all here on the Geosat Micro HD, Black screen...(and for the last three days has been kind of 'spotty' on the Micro HD sometimes, with the old intermittent audio breakup, momentary video freeze ),

But is now and has been working fine on the Redacted receiver

Reactions: FTA4PA and fred555
Oh, has that been been forbidden here? ... I knew that people weren't supposed to discuss its 'unique capabilities', but hadn't seen were it was not supposed to be mentioned in general.

Sorry

Not sure, just using your mention to give hint as to which receiver
I had without actually mentioning it.

Its up to the mods. I'm really not sure if you can mention it by name or not.
KE4EST ?

Last edited:
Its sort of funny reading thru posts and seeing "redacted" in place of a receiver which shall not be named. How long before someone asks where to purchase a Redacted 2017? ;)

Oh, has that been been forbidden here? ... I knew that people weren't supposed to discuss its 'unique capabilities', but hadn't seen were it was not supposed to be mentioned in general.

Sorry

Sorry for the confusion I added, but did not want anyone to get in trouble.

Got a Pm from the Mod, KE4EST.

You can name the V7, but:
"just no in detail about where you bought and such to encourage conversation, about buying one."

You can name it but don't discuss details I suppose.

Reactions: Gulcher
Hi All,

Just got into the habit of watching Star Trek Next Generation on H&I as I ride my exercise bike and in the past few days that signal on SES1 along with Decades and Movies has become erratic once again. I'll get a quick signal flash to 68% and then it drops to 0. Of course the religious channel GEB is coming in strong and clear. Guess the "BIG GUY" upstairs is watching out for them. ;)

John

I sure hope the new batch of receivers coming out dont have the same issues as the current batch with these signals. Im anxiously awaiting the release of the Manhattan 4k box and subsequent testing/bug working out period and hoping it works as i have seen it described.

Reactions: Lehman bud farm
Something is going on with my 101 C.
Over the last month, I slowly was losing channels.
Now when I try to rescan & Blind Scan, It will not come in at all.
The closest I can get results from scanning now, is 99 & 103.
No more 101 at all. Had a tempoary problem about 3 years ago with 101, but after about a month it came back.
This time there seems to be no end in sight.

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
Something is going on with my 101 C.
Over the last month, I slowly was losing channels.
Now when I try to rescan & Blind Scan, It will not come in at all.
The closest I can get results from scanning now, is 99 & 103.
No more 101 at all. Had a tempoary problem about 3 years ago with 101, but after about a month it came back.
This time there seems to be no end in sight.
I would say to put it on 99 or 103 put a power divider without DC to one side run that to a SATLOOK and see the signal as you slowly move across the arc
The only way I could help now is to offer a free repair of a satlook, providing the CRT is good and the back of it is not broke off letting in air, most common problem when one is dropped, so I do have some spares, plus I'm still able to use my brain to fix one.

Doing that will let you peak on the correct bird, what is the size of the dish you're using?

If it's under 10 feet it could be they switched out 99 or 103 with a new stronger bird, and if your dish has issues, or is too small, your getting killed by the side lob of the bird next to it, don't forget about the 2-degree spacing issue with smaller dishes
Gary

Anyone experiencing trouble with Decades showing programming from H&I East? That happens to me sometimes.

Reactions: wvman
Anyone experiencing trouble with Decades showing programming from H&I East? That happens to me sometimes.

Watching Black Sheep on H&I right now. Signal down a little on Decades, but it steady and locked. Movies and the rest coming in fine. So far, so good. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)