Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like Movies on 99w is still messed up though.

Over the weekend I tried and failed to move one of my dishes from 87W to 83w for the Lukens due to a tree.
I moved it to 99W instead. I too can confirm ZILCH on the KBRK/Movies mux on 99W as of last night.

Reactions: . Raine
I have a 7 1/2 foot Unimesh dish with a dual digital LNBF hooked to 2 GeoSatPro HDVR-1200 receivers. The LNBF is brand new, so is the cable and all the connectors. The receivers are under 2 years old, and on Heroes and Icons, Decades, MeTV 1& 2 and Movies, I am getting a lot of video breakup. the odd part of the scenario is that the signal level can be in the 60's on quality, and it still breaks up. MeTV does have a tendency to have signal as low as 50 on the quality.
Galaxy 16 on the other hand tends to be rock steady with an occasional incident of breakup, but it is rare. I located 3 other satellites east of Galaxy 16, and for the most part the video is rick solid, with no breakups, but RetroTV and a few others have a tendency to pause for a half second, and resume. Not exactly sure what's going on. I do not have the dialectric block in the LNBF, which I presume is only for circular polarization satellites. Any suggestions? I have not did a firmware update on either of these receivers, as I did not know where to find them. Some forums had an "update", but they spoke of bricking the receiver. I don't have a J-Tag, so if I brick one, it's bricked forever. I'd love to find a remedy for this problem.

Soon the satellite belt is so full of slices, the size of the dish really matters more. And when new ones replace or are added, or a studio makes it adding. or varies or adds new wires in their original broadcast. The receiver is sensitive enough, but if new in additions include newer codec's or software, these types of bi-directional space's are getting crowded and are a real problem because this is noise or ti or what has always been a problem needing a fix... My wind hitting the big dish is my own personal problem. It starts at 9 mph and gets worse, on a 12 foot. I am who then lays the dish flat to the ground setting up an offset design and wires it so it will not move even a quarter inch, Lilliputian style. And when the 3g/+radar and local/international boater turn on anti- radars. If the dish moves a quarter inch it blips also...

Just got a FreeSAT V7 HD delivered today. It plays the channels fine without breakup.
What receivers do you have for sale that's working on these channels? It's odd that the receivers I had just stopped locking the channels. These channels used to play flawlessly a couple months ago. Apparently something had to be modified for them to act like they are now.

Checked 101W again earlier this afternoon and all the channels are playing fine on the A3 Combo.

SCREEN SHOT_Decades.jpg

SCREEN SHOT_Heroes.jpg

SCREEN SHOT_Movies.jpg

Not playing at all on the AZBoxme, but plays fine on the MicroHD and Amiko A3

I didn't even try yesterday, but Yeah, Movies, H&I and Decades are back for me too.

ME is still breaking up badly when there is any signal at all.

I am gradually getting picture back but quality drop from 58q to 0 and back and forth on movies. 1.2 meter minibud.

I didn't even try yesterday, but Yeah, Movies, H&I and Decades are back for me too.

ME is still breaking up badly when there is any signal at all.

MeTVHD is the one that stayed pretty good the whole time for me.
MeTV SD and MeTV 2 were not very good during the problems.
All seems well still.

Just checked a few minutes ago and all three are no go on the Amiko A3. The 70 to 0 Q and back again. May well turn out that we have to find a different receiver in order to watch these now. At least it is not life threatening. :)

Last night all 3 were normal on my Amiko 8900. I'm not certain how accurate it is or really the relevance of it, but the on screen BER displays 0.0 when the info button is pressed on those channels with that receiver running OpenPLi E2.

The BER (Bit Error Rate) is a precise measurement based on actual data calculations unlike the Signal Quality which is an uncalibrated interpretation of signal integrity and varies between devices and based on engineers preferences. BER can be measured before or after the FEC (Forward Error Correction) is applied. To accurately interpret the reading, one would need to know if it is a pre or post FEC measurement.

Likely a BER reading of 0.0 is after the error correction is processed. In any event, this excellent reading indicates that the data has no errors. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts