Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The FreeSat V7 unit has original firmware installed at time of delivery:

S/W Version: V2.19.67.244 09/05/2016 (May 9, 2016)

H/W Version: V2.1.0 18/04/2016 (April 18, 2016)

They have a new firmware version released in June, did you try that? I'm expecting mine to arrive soon.

As of 1:20am EDT, Decades and Movies! are coming in surprisingly strong on the MicroHD with signal qualities of both up to 72%. It'll play 1-3 minutes straight before a dropout or two occurs! Heroes will play for about 5 seconds straight before dropping out to 0% signal quality. I sure hope it stays like this tomorrow afternoon! I've got programs to record! Since I'm recording "The Phil Silvers Show" on Me-TV, I can't check these 3 transponders, but I will after the show!

UPDATE: As of 2:00am EDT, both Decades and Movies! are slightly worse again, with Movies! playing for about 10 seconds straight and Decades playing for about 5 seconds straight. It seems to take spells.

Last edited:
I lost MeTV and Movies on Galaxy16, and they are still out. I also lost MeTV 1&2 on SES-1, but for some reason, they just started working again with no glitches. Both are running at about 70% of the signal quality, but that's on the HDVR 1200. On the V7, Movies, H&I, Decades & MeTV works great, even the HD channels, but the signal quality is at 52%. I took both V7's out of service and put my HDVR1200's back in service because after entering Laff, Grit and the others in on Galaxy19, they work without a hitch.

I ordered an HDVR3500 off Hypermegasat over the weekend. Oddly enough, I just looked at the tracking number and it said it's out for delivery. I'm getting ready to order another one. It's weird. MeTV and Movies was working great on Galaxy 16 and without a warning, I lost those two and Fox Osage and they're still not working. I can live with that as long as I have MeTV or SES-1. I'd rather be without H&I, Decades and Movies than be without Laff, Grit, Escape and the Justice channels. I had to manually program those in.

FYI, I think it's Escape that has to be set to MPEG on the video, and H.264 on the others in order to make them work. Don't know about Buzzr and Bounce. I never tried Bounce, and can't get Buzzr to work no matter what I try. I'll let you know how the HDVR3500 works. I like the auto-update over the internet connection on this receiver. I also sent a clip of the channels stuttering to Freesat over the weekend at their request to see what's going on with them. Maybe they'll find a solution to the problem.

Well, I got one of the HDVR3500 in yesterday. A very nice receiver. One thing I noticed right off was a higher signal quality on all the satellites. The menus can be a bit tricky at first, but once you learn how to navigate them, they're pretty simple. I have no stutter on the Galaxy 19 channels, but you will have to enter Grit and the others manually. H&I, Decades and the others on SES-1 work fine, but same thing here, you will have to manually program in these.

I found MeTV HD and 1&2 SD and they work fine. Still not sure what's going on with Movies and MeTV on Galaxy 16. I programmed them manually and got nothing. Not really a big deal if you have them on SES-1. I thought for a moment I had a dead remote when I first hooked it up. Turns out the batteries that came with it were dead. Stuck in a couple new batteries and off we went. It has good editing features, but I'm a bit puzzled about one thing.

Some of the channels use MPEG video, and others H264, and if you store it wrong, it will let you edit everything but the audio and compression type. Had to delete the channels and reenter them. I may be overlooking something since I had it up and running within an hour of receiving it. If you get one, spend a little time getting the TV settings correct. There are several video options like 1080I 50 & 60Hz, 1080P 50 & 60hz, 720P and so forth.

I see what Titanium was referring to when he explained how he changed the cycle rate to eliminate the stutter on the V7. I like the new OSD as it has a lot of information on it, including all the PID info. I haven't set up the network settings yet, but when it's set up, this receiver will automatically keep itself updated. No more searching for the right firmware version. The remote looks a little intimidating when you see all the buttons on it, but it not bad at all. I haven't figured out how to access all the movies that were already on my external HDD.

I recorded Night Court and Hogan's Heroes last evening, and found them easy enough, but I didn't figure out how to access the movies already on the HDD. The HDVR1200 showed them as a separate folder and you could choose it to watch the older recordings. I'm sure there's a way to do it. All in all, I am very pleased with it so far. Have another one on the way. I ordered these off Hypermegasat. The one I ordered Saturday came Monday in the mail. Fast shipping, and reasonable price. Casey is a good guy to deal with.

Reactions: danristheman
As of 1:20am EDT, Decades and Movies! are coming in surprisingly strong on the MicroHD with signal qualities of both up to 72%. It'll play 1-3 minutes straight before a dropout or two occurs! Heroes will play for about 5 seconds straight before dropping out to 0% signal quality. I sure hope it stays like this tomorrow afternoon! I've got programs to record! Since I'm recording "The Phil Silvers Show" on Me-TV, I can't check these 3 transponders, but I will after the show!

UPDATE: As of 2:00am EDT, both Decades and Movies! are slightly worse again, with Movies! playing for about 10 seconds straight and Decades playing for about 5 seconds straight. It seems to take spells.

I'm beginning to think I have a dish size/LNBF problem. When I lost MeTV & Movies on Galaxy 16, both had a signal quality of 76% or higher. Now, I have moved the dish back and forth, pushed up & pulled down to make sure something hasn't moved, and I can't get enough signal on those channels to bounce the meter. I've deleted them, reentered the PID info and it's like they were never there. I'm going to swap out the dish this weekend for a 10 footer and see what that does. I am kind of leaning towards the LNBF being bonkers.

My Freesat 7 arrived today. Juat my bad luck, they didn't ship it with a North American plug, even though I indicated that in my order. I ran out to Walmart to buy a pack of converters costing me addition $20.00 :( I will be contacting the seller.
I'm using the Editor "DBEidtor_V2.2" to add North American satellites, but I don't see a field to add Longitudinal positions. Any ideas, short of tediously doing it on the receiver?

The firmware installed from factory:

S/W Version: V2.19.67.244 09/05/2016

H/W Version: V2.1.0 18/04/2016

My Freesat 7 arrived today. Juat my bad luck, they didn't ship it with a North American plug, even though I indicated that in my order. I ran out to Walmart to buy a pack of converters costing me addition $20.00 :( I will be contacting the seller.
I'm using the Editor "DBEidtor_V2.2" to add North American satellites, but I don't see a field to add Longitudinal positions. Any ideas, short of tediously doing it on the receiver?

When I received mine, they both had U.S. plugs on them. However, here's something I checked into at GeoSat. I recently received 2 of the HDVR 3500 receivers. One came a few days after the other. I got to thinking, if both receivers are identical, why couldn't you save the channel data to a stick drive, and then upload it to the 2nd receiver and save all the time manually entering the satellite and channel information. GeoSat sent me an email explaining how to do that. I have not tried it yet, but I am assuming it will work since there was nothing in the email indicating it wouldn't.

I have two of the FreeSat V7's, but neither of them are in service right now. If there's someone in here using the same receiver, perhaps they could send you the data information from theirs so you could load it on yours to see if it works. I think the worst case scenario would be having to do a factory reset and doing it the hard way as it stands right now. This feature is normally reserved for saving channel date during a firmware update, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't work as I described. You may want to run it up the flagpole with Titanium and see what he thinks about it. It makes sense to me, but I no expert on the subject either. (Cheers)

P.S. Mine only had European satellites in the list, no N. American, so I deleted all the satellites in the list, and started over. It was a pain in the butt since I had two of them to program. Didn't think of this until I had both programmed.

Reactions: Babadem

Are you saying there's no field for degrees east or west? I haven't used the editor because it was just too easy to do it on screen but I'm curious in case there's a need to use it in the future.

I didn't see a way to add the longitude of a satellite with the editor either, so I did it with the remote.

Reactions: Babadem
When I received mine, they both had U.S. plugs on them. However, here's something I checked into at GeoSat. I recently received 2 of the HDVR 3500 receivers. One came a few days after the other. I got to thinking, if both receivers are identical, why couldn't you save the channel data to a stick drive, and then upload it to the 2nd receiver and save all the time manually entering the satellite and channel information. GeoSat sent me an email explaining how to do that. I have not tried it yet, but I am assuming it will work since there was nothing in the email indicating it wouldn't.

I have two of the FreeSat V7's, but neither of them are in service right now. If there's someone in here using the same receiver, perhaps they could send you the data information from theirs so you could load it on yours to see if it works. I think the worst case scenario would be having to do a factory reset and doing it the hard way as it stands right now. This feature is normally reserved for saving channel date during a firmware update, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't work as I described. You may want to run it up the flagpole with Titanium and see what he thinks about it. It makes sense to me, but I no expert on the subject either. (Cheers)

P.S. Mine only had European satellites in the list, no N. American, so I deleted all the satellites in the list, and started over. It was a pain in the butt since I had two of them to program. Didn't think of this until I had both programmed.

On most receivers you can program one then copy the channel list to the others via usb.
That is why when I buy a new receiver, I now buy four at a time. I like to keep the channel lists exactly the same on all for consistency.
I periodically update the list on one as channels come and go, then quickly update all the others in the house via USB.

Reactions: . Raine and KE4EST
Are you saying there's no field for degrees east or west? I haven't used the editor because it was just too easy to do it on screen but I'm curious in case there's a need to use it in the future.

Yes, zilch!! Absolutely none! There is no field for Satellite position anywhere on the Editor, unless it's hidden.

Just for chuckles I installed the editor and loaded my DB. Yep, the doggone thing has no field for longitude. How dumb is that? :imshocked

On most receivers you can program one then copy the channel list to the others via usb.
That is why when I buy a new receiver, I now buy four at a time. I like to keep the channel lists exactly the same on all for consistency.
I periodically update the list on one as channels come and go, then quickly update all the others in the house via USB.

I just opened my second HDVR 3500, hooked it up and it loaded all the channels from the other receiver just fine. As I said before, I am kind of new at FTA, so some of my questions may seem stupid to some of the "old timers" :) in here, but you guys have been patient and a big help. I still have a problem with one channel. I have entered and re-entered the PID information on the Buzzr channel and I cannot get the audio to work. I have a picture, but that's it. I've used every audio format listed in the menu and nothing.

I had to manually enter all the others, and they work fine. Unless I have overlooked it, but I cannot find the Service ID on any of the lists. I also notice that they don't list the video compression on most either. Do you by any chance have a complete list of the PID information for Buzzr, along with the compression for the audio and video and the service ID. I'm not sure how important the Service ID is, but I've guessed at a few and they worked. I'm not much on game shows, but the wife is. I'd appreciate any help I can get to get this channels working.

I also ran into one of those either/or situations with the Freesat V7 and the HDVR 3500. The 3500 doesn't have the audio stutter on Grit and some of the other channels in that package, but it won't lock on H&I, Decades and the others. The Freesat V7 locks H&I, Decades and the others, but it stutters on Grit and the others. Not sure what's going on with that, but since we watch Grit and the others more than H&I etc, it's not a big issue.

I'm still considering purchasing one of the Cisco receivers listed on Rainer Satellite's website. I hate to spend that much money only to find it does the same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.