Digital Noise on Zenith HD-SAT520

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
I have a Zenith HD-SAT520 and had a great HD picture until I moved. Now I have all kinds of digital noise that you can really see on text on the screen, looks like it is wiggling and fuzzy on the edges. Thought maybee it may be the DLP, but I moved it myself and carried it gentler than I did my daughter when she was born (just joking). Setup pages on the TV have crisp text and look fine, as well as title pages from the Sat box when there is no picture behind it (off channel black screen). When a picture is on the screen, the titles start wiggling and crawling. Also, DVDs on a component input look much better than HD signals. This happens on OTA and Directv HD channels. All settings seem to be the same on the TV and the Sat box. Has anyone seen problems with the DVI output on the Zenith HD-SAT520? Could maybee my DVI cable have gone bad on disconnect/reconnect and cause this kind of problem? Any ideas anyone may have, or if someone has had the same problems, let me know. Thanks!!!!

Pete In Plano said:
I have a Zenith HD-SAT520 and had a great HD picture until I moved. Now I have all kinds of digital noise that you can really see on text on the screen, looks like it is wiggling and fuzzy on the edges. Thought maybee it may be the DLP, but I moved it myself and carried it gentler than I did my daughter when she was born (just joking). Setup pages on the TV have crisp text and look fine, as well as title pages from the Sat box when there is no picture behind it (off channel black screen). When a picture is on the screen, the titles start wiggling and crawling. Also, DVDs on a component input look much better than HD signals. This happens on OTA and Directv HD channels. All settings seem to be the same on the TV and the Sat box. Has anyone seen problems with the DVI output on the Zenith HD-SAT520? Could maybee my DVI cable have gone bad on disconnect/reconnect and cause this kind of problem? Any ideas anyone may have, or if someone has had the same problems, let me know. Thanks!!!!

Been a Zenith HD-SAT520 user for more then 2 years, I couldn't be any happier with its performance. I have used both DVI and Component and have not seen any noise in my PQ like you are having.

I would try diffrent cables to see if that solved the issue. Or if you have another HD set available, test it there to see if it does the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)