Digital Optical Splitter ...?

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I use a digital optical cable from PS3 to the Onkyo receiver; are there any splitters which would work for me as there is only 1 input on receiver?

Thanks.

I use an optical to coax converter on my 922. Does your reciever have a coax audio input in addition to the optical?

Keep in mind that not every TV's digital audio "pass-through" - coax or optical - supports multichannel sound.

Diogen.

cjwct said:
I use a digital optical cable from PS3 to the Onkyo receiver; are there any splitters which would work for me as there is only 1 input on receiver?

Thanks.

I apologize; didn't add specific details (brain fart). Anyways, I have a PS3, DirectTV HR24, and Onkyo
HTR330

Believe it or not these work. For years I used this to carry optical from both my PS3 and my XBox 360 to one input on my AV receiver. It worked flawlessly. There's no switching involved. Multi-channel always worked perfectly. You cannot have both devices working at the same time, mind you, but that's why I had two game consoles going through it. There never is an instance in which I use both devices simultaneously. And being "off" in their standby state is all that is necessary. It's nice to not have to add another step to my Harmony One remote setup to operate the switch. As cheap as they are, its worth a shot (I bought a couple). NEW 1X2 DIGITAL OPTICAL TOSLINK AUDIO SPLITTER ADAPTER | eBay

Lots of eBay sellers have 'em here: toslink splitter | eBay

120inna55 said:
Believe it or not these work. For years I used this to carry optical from both my PS3 and my XBox 360 to one input on my AV receiver. It worked flawlessly. There's no switching involved. Multi-channel always worked perfectly. You cannot have both devices working at the same time, mind you, but that's why I had two game consoles going through it. There never is an instance in which I use both devices simultaneously. And being "off" in their standby state is all that is necessary. It's nice to not have to add another step to my Harmony One remote setup to operate the switch. As cheap as they are, its worth a shot (I bought a couple). NEW 1X2 DIGITAL OPTICAL TOSLINK AUDIO SPLITTER ADAPTER | eBay

Lots of eBay sellers have 'em here: toslink splitter | eBay

Thanks. Monoprice has it too:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10423&cs_id=1042301&p_id=966&seq=1&format=4

I am ordering it and will report :)

Last edited:

Nice find. I would prefer to order from Monoprice if I was still in the market for them. Like I said, I bought extras since they were so cheap and I keep 'em in my big toolbox full of cables, splitters, etc.

Did you read those reviews at Monoprice? Such a small risk for a great simple product. (I sound like I have stock in the company).

120inna55 said:
Nice find. I would prefer to order from Monoprice if I was still in the market for them. Like I said, I bought extras since they were so cheap and I keep 'em in my big toolbox full of cables, splitters, etc.

Did you read those reviews at Monoprice? Such a small risk for a great simple product. (I sound like I have stock in the company).

Seems the negative reviews were from those who misused it :)

I use one as a splitter, carrying signal from my Samsung tv to two receivers so that I can listen to Pandora around the house. It works great as a splitter, but like 120inna55 said, if you are using it as a combiner, one of the sources has to be turned off.

This has to be one of the longest follow ups ... lol ... even though I ordered the toslink as suggested months ago, I didn't hook it up until today ... anyways, took a minute to hook up and everthings working great ... thanks everyone!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)