Digital Praise, Sky Angel Partner to Launch Sky Angel Games Online Store

jcourt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Check out this press release from this week:

Digital Praise, Sky Angel Partner to Launch Sky Angel Games Online Store
Complete Lineup of Digital Praise's PC Game Products to be Available, Including 'Dance Praise(TM) 2-the ReMix,' Just-Released Version of Chart Topping Arcade-Style Dance Game
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]FREMONT, Calif., NAPLES, Fl.,[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]November 1[/FONT] /Christian Newswire/ -- Digital Praise® Inc, the leader in Christian-themed, family-friendly entertainment software, and Sky Angel®, a multi-channel provider of faith-based and family-friendly television and radio programming, today announced the debut of Sky Angel Games at Digital Praise, Inc. & Sky Angel. Sky Angel Games is an online store featuring the full lineup of Digital Praise faith-based PC game products, including Dance Praise(TM) 2-the ReMix, the just- released new version of Dance Praise, Digital Praise's runaway hit dance game for the PC.

At Digital Praise, Inc. & Sky Angel, Internet shoppers can easily order from the full line of Dance Praise games and accessories, as well as other Digital Praise products that include VeggieTales®, Focus on the Family's Adventures in Odyssey® and Max Lucado's Hermie & Friends(TM) PC game series.

The new Sky Angel Games online store will be promoted through a full-page ad in Sky Angel's monthly newsletter sent to its television service customers, through e-mail notices and other customer-specific communications, and via links from the Sky Angel and Digital Praise corporate Web sites. In addition, Digital Praise and Sky Angel's production company, Sky Angel Productions LLC, have teamed up to produce a 30-minute infomercial for Dance Praise(TM) 2-the ReMix. Sky Angel will debut the infomercial in November on one of its owned and operated television networks, Angel One, just in time for the Christmas shopping season.

"Digital Praise is known as the true pioneer that established the faith-based, family-oriented PC gaming category. Families, churches and schools across the U.S., and around the world, know and love Digital Praise products for their entertainment, educational and moral value," said Nancy Christopher, vice president of corporate communications for Sky Angel. "Through this partnership, as well as through the establishment of Sky Angel Games, we are able to bring Digital Praise products to our Sky Angel customers and the broader public, providing even more family-friendly entertainment choices."

"Sky Angel has a large and loyal customer base that is actively seeking Christian-themed products and services. This partnership is a natural for us and should significantly extend Digital Praise's customer base," said Tom Bean, president and CEO of Digital Praise, Inc. "What's more, we look forward to the many marketing and product development possibilities made available through this new relationship."

Founded in 2003, Digital Praise is the largest developer and marketer of faith-based PC game products. Driving forward with a vision, Peter Fokos enlisted the support from Tom Bean and his brother Bill to create the company. From the outset, Digital Praise has been committed to developing and publishing high-quality software and entertainment products that are every bit as attention-grabbing, exciting and challenging as the majority of games marketed today.

Digital Praise's approach to PC game products has included hiring top-name talent from the secular gaming industry, as well as licensing and producing games based on well-known Christian and family entertainment brands such as VeggieTales, Hermie & Friends and Adventures in Odyssey. Digital Praise's number one hit, Dance Praise, is a home-grown game that has spawned an entire line of Dance Praise spin-off products.

To learn more about the complete line of Digital Praise products, or to place an order, visit Digital Praise, Inc. & Sky Angel.

About Sky Angel:
Sky Angel® is a Christian-owned multi-channel provider of faith-based and family-friendly television and radio programming, delivering the widest variety of Christian-based channels to the television, plus news and family channels. The service has been awarded the Parents Television Council's® prestigious Entertainment Seal of Approval(TM), recognizing quality and social responsibility. Sky Angel was founded by Robert Johnson Sr. more than 25 years ago to provide a Christ-centered and family- friendly alternative to the standard television fare. Since then, it has grown into a service providing quality television and radio programming to all corners of the contiguous United States. More about Sky Angel is available by visiting Sky Angel: Christian Family-Friendly Television (TV) and Radio.

About Digital Praise, Inc.:
Digital Praise is an independent developer and publisher of family-friendly entertainment software for personal computers and other devices. The company produces and publishes faith-based and mainstream titles for families looking to enjoy interactive entertainment software with principled character- building themes and "just good clean fun." Digital Praise products have achieved top recognition from leading children's gaming and advocacy groups including Parents Choice, iParenting Media, the National Parenting Center, The Dove Foundation, Dr. Toy and Plain Games. For more information, visit www.digitalpraise.com.

©2007 Digital Praise, Inc. All rights reserved. Digital Praise and Dance Praise are trademarks of Digital Praise, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]<Christian Newswire[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I want to know where this LARGE and LOYAL customer base is? do any of these people realize that sky angel customers are jumping ship?

You cannot tell how many customers are "jumping ship" by a few repllies on message boards.

True but you can't believe there is a large and loyal following because sky angel says so in a newspaper article either. Why have they steadfastly refused to disclose the # of subscribers and/or lifetime members? I feel I asked a legitimate question that I would like sky angel to answer. Why not quote even estimates of # of subs?

As for how many are jumping ship, I didn't say, all or even most I said sky angel customers which could mean anywhere from 2- 2 million

Then again since they said it "hooks up like a game boy" they must certainly be correct :)

kskyangel (any affiliation?..........)
As for the "bitterness trail "you are welcome to not read my posts. However this forum is for discussing sky angel not YOUR opinions of others on the board .

Yes, it hooks up like a game boy. What is wrong with that?
A game boy doesn't hook up to anything; it's a hand-held game with an LCD display.

If the SA exec (?) quoted were thinking of a traditional video game, then it's a better comparison at least for the TV hookup. But that too would be a silly comparison because it would be just like a satellite receiver. And still this comparison falsely minimizes the setup difficulty.

Only video game consoles that allow networked play would make a good comparison. Or a computer. It's much more difficult to get everything set up right on such game consoles. Such a setup is entirely beyond some current subscribers.

A game boy doesn't hook up to anything; it's a hand-held game with an LCD display.

Ummm. . . Yes it can hookup to a TV. Check the Nintendo website for the product that allows you to play Gameboy on your big screen TV (their words).

| Nintendo - Customer Service | Game Boy Advance SP - Game Boy Advance SP Frequently Asked Questions

If you would like to play Game Boy games on your TV, you may be interested in the Game Boy Player. This device attaches to the bottom of your Nintendo GameCube and allows you to play almost any Game Boy game ever made, on your TV! For more information on this product, please visit Game Boy Player - GCN.

Ummm. . . Yes it can hookup to a TV. Check the Nintendo website for the product that allows you to play Gameboy on your big screen TV (their words).

| Nintendo - Customer Service | Game Boy Advance SP - Game Boy Advance SP Frequently Asked Questions
number 1, that's a gameboy advance sp.. not a gameboy .. not the same at all..

number 2, that FAQ expresses the ability to use the GBA to connect to a GameCube (not a TV).. already increasing in complexity, or play gameboy games via an adaptor (not via the gameboy)

number 3, the whole purpose of a GameBoy is to not be tethered to a TV. Even if you could hook a gameboy to a tv, nobody does it, and barely anyone would know how, and it would be incredibly difficult to find the parts and process to make it happen given that there is non mainstream equipment that came with the gameboy that makes this feasible.

number 4, maybe this DOES express how "easy" their unit will work .. haha!

would you please get off the bitterness trail................
Agreed, it gets really old, really quick seeing it every third post. If you are going to "jump ship" go ahead, the waters are shallow. The ship is not turning around, it will go wherever they steer it.
None of us like it, but I must admit a better selection of channels may actually make it worth it. I'm not interested in Glorystar because of all the foreign language channels. I don't speak Russian or Arabic so the majority of cannels would be no good for me.

Even though gameboy SP can be connected to your tv it is NOT NECESSARY in order to use it.

the sky angel old/missing FAQ mentioned that you needed a router and cables/wires or a wireless router set up to hook up your IPTV. IN addition of course to your high speed modem purchased or leased from your ISP . some give them for free with a minimum commitment. Not quite as easy as plugging a wire or two into your av pors

I got a flyer in the mail from SA about how to hook up the IPTV. It is very simple. You take the broadband cable/wire and put it in the back of the "set top box" (receiver.) Then you take a cable from the set top box and plug it into the back of your TV. It could not be more simple, and I'm speaking as someone who is not about to shell out dough for the receiver or sign up for an 18 month contract to get it for free. If you have ever hooked a VCR up to a TV, you can do this.

The reason the wireless is mentioned is because a lot of people have those in their homes, or don't want to run wires all over the house. We have a wireless router, and it takes seconds to plug into the broadband connection.

I've been trying to dig around for some additional info about this technology, and the only thing that seems a little 'scary' to me is that for such a new technology, it looks like it uses old connectivity (composite output, not even S-Video?)

I also found someone who posted a response to the KyLin TV set up of similar technology (since everyone knows that NeuLion is providing the technology, this should be a no-brainer to want to find out about the company providing the tech)...Even though NeuLion and everyone in the technology world says they aren't streaming, this message was disturbing:

"You also must have at least 1Mb of speed for you Cable or DSL line. Otherwise, if you use your computer and watching KyLin Program at the same time, you will get "buffering" error or "freezing" picture on your TV!

Despite I have a 3Mb DSL from Verizon, I do see "freezing", "buffering" or "Server Busy" messages on the TV during night time."

We'll see what happens. I'm getting less and less happy about this, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I've been trying to dig around for some additional info about this technology, and the only thing that seems a little 'scary' to me is that for such a new technology, it looks like it uses old connectivity (composite output, not even S-Video?)
I wouldn't say that this is "new" technology. Maybe newer than satellite distribution, but not NEW. We've been doing IPTV for something like 7-8 years here at my company (and we definitely weren't the first in the game). Of course, IPTV technology advances are not quite as vast as satellite advances due to the fact that satellite has BIG bucks behind it driving those advances.

Agreed. I guess my only point is that most people are getting into wide-screen sets these days and want to make sure their content will look as nice as possible. I suppose we'll just have to wait to see how it'll look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts