Digital Sound and the 622

faster68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Newbie type question here, but do I need an optical cable to get digital sound out of my 622 and put into my surround sound receiver? I am using component and rca to get picture and sound from my 622 to my receiver. I do not use HDMI because of the DR limitations on multi room.

When I compare a movie on the 622 to a DVD, the sound on the DVD is much better. I do use HDMI on my DVD.

Newbie type question here, but do I need an optical cable to get digital sound out of my 622 and put into my surround sound receiver? I am using component and rca to get picture and sound from my 622 to my receiver. I do not use HDMI because of the DR limitations on multi room.

When I compare a movie on the 622 to a DVD, the sound on the DVD is much better. I do use HDMI on my DVD.

Yes.

Cheers,

Doug

...well, I was hoping that I could get away from buying the optical cables. My understanding is that HDMI will work as well; but the whole DRM on HDMI blows. If I use HDMI on my 622 I cannot use my receiver to show the show in room 2.

Darn law makers... theses guys 'protecting' an outdated business and crippling our stuff. Pathetic...

My understanding is that HDMI will work as well; but the whole DRM on HDMI blows. If I use HDMI on my 622 I cannot use my receiver to show the show in room 2.
I think you have it backwards. If you don't have HDCP support you won't be able to watch it in TV1. The theory is that the connected device must be able to verify that it is a display only device and that can only be done by HDCP handshake over a DVI or HDMI connection.

As for the cost of optical cables, they're less than a $3 each plus USPS shipping at monoprice.com.

Cool, great prices, thanks Harshness!

One last question, what is Digital Coax Audio then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)