Digital Transition Footprints

Very inaccurate in my parts (the OP link).

Not entirely correct for my IL DMA but spot on for the FL one.

In FL the stations in the DMA in which Nielson places my location all have weak signals and are very difficult to receive other than by cable or satellite, while the adjoining DMA is received OTA just fine. Shows how utterly screwed up Nielson is.

Very inaccurate in my parts (the OP link).

+1. The site was sooooo wrong on my location. I get a 100% signal 24/7 without failure on 3 stations the site says I shouldn't even be able to get at all. Then I can't detect 2-3 stations it says I should get some of the strongest signals from.

I appreciate the OP's intention, thank you. For me, the linked site is JUNK. TVFool smokes it by a mile.

Acer

+1. The site was sooooo wrong on my location. I get a 100% signal 24/7 without failure on 3 stations the site says I shouldn't even be able to get at all. Then I can't detect 2-3 stations it says I should get some of the strongest signals from.

I appreciate the OP's intention, thank you. For me, the linked site is JUNK. TVFool smokes it by a mile.

Acer

Since the link is the official FCC site and is extracted from the various permits, you should send an email regarding lack of reception to the FCC. It's your govenment and FCC wants to know if the applicants have submitted inaccurate data.

Since the link is the official FCC site and is extracted from the various permits, you should send an email regarding lack of reception to the FCC. It's your govenment and FCC wants to know if the applicants have submitted inaccurate data.

I don't think it's an issue of inaccurate applicant data. Afterall, tvfool is based on exactly the same information. I think it's more of an issue of errors in their algorithms or some other problem with their processing.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,
Chuck