Digital trunking Scanners

Yes
I use RS 197 it works extremely well on a Motorola digital trunking system.It runs 24 hours

Some advice would be check radio reference and make sure it will track you local systems , use software to program ,and invest in a radio reference membership you can grab the data and put it right in works great.

I have a Uniden 396XT that I use to monitor the ARMER system the State Patrol uses here in Minnesota. It works very well if you can get past the complicated programming.

I have:

BCD396T
BCD396XT
PRO-106
PRO-96

all fine units, but I tend to use the 106 more then the rest combined.

ps: now u know why my user name is pro96 lol

I think alot of the 800mhz trunked systems are still analog.. So one could save some money if there system does not require Digital

Well not unless ur local PD is digital then u need it.. like here locally with LAPD been APCO-25

I have a Uniden BCD396T scanner and I have ARC396PRO software to program it. I subscribe to Radio Reference and down load all of the State County and Local frequencies.

It is a great scanner, sometimes I am capable of receiving the APRS packets from the ISS space station.

Last Sunday, I heard how hard the municipal works, worked during the Snow Storm in NJ, to clear the streets and highway of snow.

I hear the new Uniden Home Patrol Scanner is very nice.

A friend of mine bought one of these and loves it so much that he is almost certain that he will be buying a second one. He is currently using his for his radioreference.com scanner feed.

Scanner guides are often quite helpful in figuring out what systems are in use.

Before they became just another wireless phone store, Radio Shack salespeople used to be pretty knowledgeable and they would even offer to load up your scanner with the local frequencies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)